Chatillon Lux Sylva EDT

IMAG0102.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR Bamboo handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Soap: A&G Soapworks Australian Lemon Myrtle
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + PAA Atomic travel aftershave

The new soaps arrived the other day and I decided to try the Lemon Myrtle and boy am I glad as the scent is truly wonderful. By noways is it too sweet or 'artificial', just simple and wonderful :) Performance wise the soap lathers well with all the characteristic's expected; slickness, cushioning and great after feel. Only issue I had and really 'first world' problem was the fact it was a tad loose in the tub (original puck size) which made loading a challenge but I'm not complaining as I'm certain things will improve as @Sxot grows his business! Love the ease of the DOC and the blade is a solid performer so happy shave for me :ROFLMAO: Have a great day guys.

Only issue I had and really 'first world' problem was the fact it was a tad loose in the tub (original puck size) which made loading a challenge but I'm not complaining as I'm certain things will improve as @Sxot grows his business!

Squash the soap puck out flat to the edges of the tub to fix that issue, Mystic Water sells her soap the same way and it's easy fixed :)

Pre: my pre-shave oil mix
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Yaqi Timberwolf
Beta test soap
Anherb balm

Doing some beta testing for a soap maker and had an awesome shave! Really rich and creamy lather, very easy to build the lather and it handled water additions like a champ.
A very pleasant, subtle, scent which I enjoyed a lot...And no reactions :)

The hexagonal handle is just fantastic! I feel it is much more practical than the standard round handles and I'm glad I had purchased two of them from maggard's last year.

20180516_095722_01.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Barrister & Mann Rhapsody
Razor: Schick Injector L3 "Grip"
Blade: Schick Injector (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel / Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Guerlain Vetiver EdT

My first shave with the Schick L3 Grip, kindly loaned by the dapper and always generous @Greenpike. I wondered if the tennis handle grip was a bit of a novelty, but after using it, I think it is great! It looks cool and slightly retro (to me at least), and the grip is functional, as the plastic handle is both textured and grooved. I found this razor very nimble, much like the Type G. It seemed slightly milder that the G, and with less feedback. It was super smooth, to the extent that I would rate it as the mildest razor I have used to date. The trade-off to this is efficiency, with more strokes than usual required to get satisfactory closeness. However, I set the razor a tough task, as I had a five day growth. On the plus side, this razor was so smooth that I found I could easily buff against the grain, which is fraught with danger with most of my razors. Due to the smaller head, I find that this and the G Type need more rinsing than my other razors.
Three passes and a a decent buffing session for a DFS+. The Rhapsody soap was terrific as usual - normal B&M top shelf performance, and a complex scent that suits the Autumn weather nicely. A few quirts of Guerlain Vetiver and I'm grinning. :D

Semogue 1305
Haslinger Ringelblumen
Parker 34R
Polsilver
Witch Hazel
Viet Fougere

Very close result with the first pass today,didn't really need the second but went for it because I wanted to.Liking the Haslinger soap better every time I use it as it loads well,lathers great,residual slickness for any touch ups that are necessary and I will definitely be getting a couple more pucks in July when I have some spending money.Blade performed as they always do yet no blood today which is a win with the Parker and Polsilver.

Brush: RR 400
Razor: Maggard Slant + RR Bamboo handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Soap: Shaver Heaven Sweet Almond Milk

A quick 2 pass DFS with the soap and performance wise it lives up to it's reputation as slick, creamy with nice after feel. No reaction but plenty of cushioning but don't overload it as it's not a thirsty soap :) The scent profile is as it states is 'sweet' but not overwhelming, just a slight hint of FO but nice nevertheless. I find the slant better suited to a few days growth as the added blade feel felt irritating on my skin but that may have been due to the blade. Have to try it out with a different slant to be sure :writer: Have a great Thursday and happy shaves!

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette 'Aussie Spoiler' (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Mycroft shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Mycroft splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Mycroft EDP

Dark, brooding and maybe a little malevolent - yeah, it must be a Mycroft day ...

Date: 17 May 2018

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Dr Harris Windsor Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C (R4) / Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge #11
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

All the electrical and plumbing work are done and the new carpet starts Monday morning, I'm off to you know where and ;) catching up with my friends.......Chow! :woot::happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.