giphy.gif

The force is at TSW @LukehGee....

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Karve C Plate
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: AP Reserve Florian

Another nice smooth relaxing shave to end the day.

I just had to throw this in as a bit of trivia, not bad shave by the way
What is "karve"
Wikipedia
Karve (ship)
Karves
(or Karvi) were a small type of longship with broad hull, somewhat similar to the ocean-going knarr cargo ships. Karves were used for both war and ordinary transport, carrying people, goods or livestock. Because they were able to navigate in very shallow water, they were also used for coasting. Karves had broad beams of approximately , were up to in length, and allowed for up to 16 oars.
The Tune ship from Norway is an example of a historical Karve ship.

1IHDG1yl.jpg

bCKNhNvl.jpg

My Soap
ABC Boar
PILS - Feather
Acqua Di Parma Serum
Shhhh it’s a secret EdP
A new version of my soap and it’s safe to say this one is fully loaded. A lovely creamy slick lather and a beautiful shave. The shave was finished off with an EdP which is just simply heavenly but unfortunately must remain undisclosed forever, not being a dick but the cost of entry on this one is non-disclosure publicly, just the way it is.

Other day another go with the vintage straight.
Pre: Proraso
Soap: Dispatch Rider
Brush: 26mm Galaxy
Blades: Bengall 5/8, finish/ clean up Gillette Super Slim #3 Wilkinson Blade

Today was probably my best straight shave so far (I think my fourth). As predicted by all I knicked the strop twice. Lucky I took the advice of all here especially @pvsampson. I only missed a few small bits on my lip and bottom of my chin. Overall though I was happy. I seen worse shaves on people with a cartridge razor.
One thing I learnt this week with DE shaving is blades are not all the same in different razors. I'm normally shave with a vintage Gillette Tech/ Derby Blade. I put those same blades in my new/old Gillette Super Slim and I got the worst shaving rash (and that was on setting 3). I swapped the blade over to Wilkinson and the difference was night and day.
Have a great day all. Mine seems to have started great.

Pre - Hot shower
Brush - Yaqi Timber wolf synthetic
Razor - Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade - Astra (3)
Soap - A&G Lavender
Post - Stirling Bergamot Lavender splash

A quick 2.5 pass shave which to me was right up there for comfort and closeness. Face is feeling so soft and smooth - i think i'm going to go have a faceturbate now :peeking:

2afhjt.jpg

Karve 'A' w/ Polsilver (3)
Yaqi Tuxedo
AP Reserve Velours Noir Soap / Splash / EdT
TSW After Balm

My Soap/Space situation is. Evening critical. It is starting to get frustrating trying to get to the soap you want.

Hey @LukehGee, hardly frustrating with software selection like that mate - superb choice for todays SOTD....

Status
Not open for further replies.