Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date: 18 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC in Taj Resin Badger/Boar 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ After the Rain
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #5
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

I'm eyeing your summer release bombora EdT to pair with it. Sounds like they might match pretty well.

Bombora has an accord of Cedrat and Tangerine as an open, along with another surprise or two. It is be a fully fledged crisp, saltwater aquatic so it will pair with Shore well :)

EV2NihX.jpg

Melbourne’s weather is trying to turn it on so I thought I’d help with some Florian....

LwSSucO.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Karve ‘D’....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Tony Forsythe Imperial Red....
Soap: APR Florian....
Oh Melbourne weather how I remember Melbourne weather......needs all the help it can get:LOL:

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Rockwell 6c (R3) with Ikon Bamboo Handle
Blade: Gillette 7'Oclock-Yellow (1)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, Squadron Scramble AS

Went with the 7"O'clock since I remembered that it went well in the DE89 and it didn't disappoint, it might well be my favourite blade thus far only one bad shave with it which was me not respecting the Gillette Rocket on it's first outing.

IMAG0264.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Head: Headblade Ghost
Face: iKon x3 + OSS handle
Blade: Ladas (4)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Pre: Shower + Washpool Activated Charcoal & Brazilian Clay Face Cleanser
Soap: Squadron's Scramble

A fairly enjoyable SOTD spoiled in part by the blade seeming to drag along my skin, despite the wonderful slick, cushioning lather provided by the soap. I noticed it towards end of yesterday's shave and attributed it to the added bite from the Karve on D-plate...? Not a comfortable shave but smooth enough to achieve a SAS with minor irritation on the neck & chin. A real shame as the soap lathered up a treat and the scent is wonderful... No such issues with the head shave so definitely the blade becoming dull :( Happy shaves!

As the Toilet World Tour starts to wind down, my digs in Poole certainly have a toilet -

my kit is safely ensconced -

and it seems that @UKSteve's boat is in town too -

I can smell the inventory of high grade scents from across the other side of the harbour!

Dinner? At the Poole Arms tonight, the oldest pub in Poole. Could not fly home without having Moules Mariniere and some Sea Bass fillets for main, washed down with a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc

Off to The Tank Museum tomorrow...
Great stuff, Mark. The Tiger collection looks terrific.

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (4)
Blade: Astra Green (1)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend

IMG_20180918_202133-01.jpg

First use of Face Fat soap (go WA!!) and the D plate on the CB razor. Soap is great but I don't get Jaffa at all from the Jaffa soap. It's a sweet green fougere to me that pairs well with Florida Water and maybe has more in common with Wickham Club Cola? Dont get me wrong - I like it - but I don't get the name. Obviously my nose is at fault.

The D plate is nowhere near as good as the F plate on my face and if you've only got a D plate please do not rule out the razor. I will give it more goes but I need to buff the hell out of my neck and I can see how people might be irritated. Could be that I have a D plate up for BST soon unless I get the hang of it. I'm an F man so far.

Ozymandias Wednesday....

RzobCou.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Karve ‘D’....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger....
Soap: APR Ozymandias....

That Simpson is really something - WOW....

Status
Not open for further replies.