Status
Not open for further replies.
b2e664137c.png

ALPHA T-400 24mm Boar (adustable loft)
Phoenix & Beau's Imperial Rum
Paradigm 17-4
BIC Chrome Platnium (4)
Ogallala Bay rum, sage and cedar

Lovely shave and wonderful scent. Forgot how much water I needed for the lather and reworked more into my face.
Absolutely lovely razor and torn I didn't get the T2 version as I want a longer handle. May need to get a custom handle but not in steel as the weight maybe too much.

Last edited:
Timeless scalloped 0.95 oc
rapira
Rudy Vey / Shavemac
Mikey Lee soapworks The kraken
AP Reserve Lixiviant (splash and EdP)

Upy55VP.jpg

Quite warm today, perfect to give a try to the kraken, a "laundry" scented soap and then go for Lixiviant and a couple of pints in the sunny afternoon :)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney boar/badger combination
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (5)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars aftershave balm
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars aftershave splash
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars EDP

Multiple flight details due to mechanical and weather issues and the end of a sitting week meant that my hope of getting the earlier flights yesterday morning didn't occur, my booked flight was thrice delayed, and I ended up rebooked on a different direct flight departing more than four hours after the original booked one - so meetings cancelled, flights cancelled and I get to stay home last night and today and enjoy a great shave like this.

Apologies to those hoping for another hotel bathroom photo, they do have one on their website though, just scroll through the images here.

Multiple flight details due to mechanical and weather issues and the end of a sitting week meant that my hope of getting the earlier flights yesterday morning didn't occur, my booked flight was thrice delayed, and I ended up rebooked on a different direct flight departing more than four hours after the original booked one - so meetings cancelled, flights cancelled and I get to stay home last night and today and enjoy a great shave like this.

Apologies to those hoping for another hotel bathroom photo, they do have one on their website though, just scroll through the images here.

Nothing beats your own place....Happy shaves mate....😎😎😎

Semogue boar, Haslinger Ringelblumen, Bengall, Witch Hazel, Old Spice Musk
Decent shave with the Bengall though it feels it needs a touch up on the pasted leather as it was dragging a little.One pass with touch ups.I've had this Old Spice for a while now and it's ok but I wouldn't use it all the time and won't be purchasing again as it is a very sweet musk,quite strong initially but settles after an hour or so.Good for a couple of sprays in the car.Would like to get something as close to the original Old Spice formula as possible but so many differing opinions on other forums as to what is the closest.I would appreciate what you guys would consider the best copy is.

Date: 20 October 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Black Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #9
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

How do you like the scent and performance of the soap and aftershave Mark. I've been contemplating something from Henry et Victoria, and looking for honest opinions. From the look of things I'm guessing you are a fan.

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Gillette Fatboy1958 D4 (5)
Blade: Astra Green (3)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green
Love using my Gillette adjustable razors. Great shaves and that makes me happy. :)

How do you like the scent and performance of the soap and aftershave Mark. I've been contemplating something from Henry et Victoria, and looking for honest opinions. From the look of things I'm guessing you are a fan.

The scent on this is wonderful, nothing else I've tried is similar.

The post shave products are great and you have a day of the wonderful combination of cognac and Cuban cigars - what could be better?

BUT...

The performance of the soap itself is certainly a tad below the top tier soaps. In my experience you have to start with a really dry brush - it has a tendency to foam otherwise. Load heavy, load some more and THEN introduce some more water. You can with work get a great lather, but you have to invest in it.

To me the scent makes it worth the investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.