Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lastweeks SOTW
IMAG0461.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1, 2, 3)
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6) / Merkur 34C HD / Rockwell 6S (R5)
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: Shaver Heaven Honey Ale / Wolf Pac Ice / Face Fat Green Fougere
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleanser bar
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon + Vaseline aloe fresh total moisturiser

IMAG0464.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4, 5)
Razor: Yintal Bronze 5000s TTO / iKon 102 slant + OSS handle
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: Shaver Heaven Noir / Face Fat Jaffa
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleanser bar
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon + Vaseline aloe fresh total moisturiser

Too busy to upload the SOTDs hence this SOTW post - sorry crappy photos! :banghead: Hard to seperate the local soaps as they're all perform great. Not the greatest fan of the Green Fougere or Noir scents but performance wise these vegan soaps lather up a treat and post shave feel is up there with the best :) Surprised with the blade as I find the Blue's a bit of a mixed bag but last week they shaved super smooth in each DE. With the weather turning feral its time I whip out the wintery scents for the new week... Until then - Happy shaves!

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac
Nice to have the Karve back home. Never fails to give a smooth comfortable shave.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend splash
Fragrance: N/A

Brush: yaqi synth
Razor: general ss
Soap: mycroft
Splash: mycroft
Much better shave this morning. First time I've pulled the mycroft out in 12 months or more and today I'm actually enjoying it. It's a very off/on scent for me some days I really like it others I can't stand it for some reason so it tends to stay at the back of the cupboard unused.the cold snap is already starting to play havoc with my skin so might have to go to bi daily shaves and start using balms for a while.

Date:- 29 May 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Noce Di Cocco
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #11
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell 6C w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 25mm
EJ Limes/Pomegranate soap
Sacred Earth splash

This non-tallow soap with zero skin conditioning ingredients whipped up into a rich, creamy lather that didn't dry out my skin at all.
I just don't get the soap hype these days!

The 6C will likely go back home, to the travel kit as the model t and 6S 5/6 plate should be here soon.

20190529-081559-1.jpg

You can't go wrong with it.

@tim33z and @Nico , i loved the feel and look of this razor during the pass around and if not for wolfie i would of picked one up then. Only thing was i found the D plate to mild for me, but maybe i was just shaving with the wrong angle

either way my longing for a OC is to great and i may well be getting a Karve for this.. just a matter of base plate

@tim33z and @Nico , i loved the feel and look of this razor during the pass around and if not for wolfie i would of picked one up then. Only thing was i found the D plate to mild for me, but maybe i was just shaving with the wrong angle

either way my longing for a OC is to great and i may well be getting a Karve for this.. just a matter of base plate

Glad you enjoyed it. I found the C plate worked best me.

Hey Kosta, i'll also add my two cents worth in regards to keeping the Karve shiney new which i know you mentioned to me a while back.
I've had mine for several months now and while it never got any horrible dark patina that many do not like, it was darkening slightly. I did as the maker suggests and put some toothpaste on a clean cloth and rubbed it back to its original finish. Very quick and easy to do! and you can see the cloth getting dirty by the second.

I learned that the angle is key with the Karve but probably less so on the more aggressive plates. I have a D in SB and OC and do not feel the need for anything more aggressive, but for daily use, C is perfect. A few days growth, D closed comb and anything longer than that i'd use the D OC, but the OC also works beautifully on 1 day of growth - dammit now i'm using that plate tomorrow....

Hey Kosta, i'll also add my two cents worth in regards to keeping the Karve shiney new which i know you mentioned to me a while back.
I've had mine for several months now and while it never got any horrible dark patina that many do not like, it was darkening slightly. I did as the maker suggests and put some toothpaste on a clean cloth and rubbed it back to its original finish. Very quick and easy to do! and you can see the cloth getting dirty by the second.

I learned that the angle is key with the Karve but probably less so on the more aggressive plates. I have a D in SB and OC and do not feel the need for anything more aggressive, but for daily use, C is perfect. A few days growth, D closed comb and anything longer than that i'd use the D OC, but the OC also works beautifully on 1 day of growth - dammit now i'm using that plate tomorrow....

cheers for the heads up tim, i do like shiny things but i also actually enjoyed the patina on @Nico karve. This surprised me but i def liked it.

for reference, do you have a rockwell at all? would like to compare what you like with their base plates?

Reactions: Don
Status
Not open for further replies.