Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
See all you haters!
Haters! Oh, yes I can see where this is going. First it will be tolerance and acceptance for all Arko stick owners, then artisan soap owners across the land will be persecuted and forced to relinquish their artisan soap stash (of course some will be secreted away underground in 6" PVC pipe w/screw on caps), then Arko will be distributed to all the young (young, is that discriminatory?) people at schools and indoctrinated into its superior qualities.
'There's nothing wrong with my state of mental health. '

Last edited:
Haters! Oh, yes I can see where this is going. First it will be tolerance and acceptance for all Arko stick owners, then artisan soap owners across the land will be persecuted and forced to relinquish their artisan soap stash (of course some will be secreted away underground in 6" PVC pipe w/screw on caps), then Arko will be distributed to all the young (young, is that discriminatory?) people at schools and indoctrinated into its superior qualities.
There will be protests at government locations world-wide - and then a national day provided, possibly a public holiday and a tax on all non-arko supplies. It will never end!!!!! Doomsday is upon us......

My Arko odyssey continued last night and I'm sorry to report it was another smooth comfortable close cold water straight razor shave.

I actually thought I could handle a one off Arko hit, I had heard of the Arko addiction and thought I was experienced enough to handle it but I'm now up to 4 in a row and it is just getting better. I understand I need help to get back to the Myrtles, Oakmosss, the Sandlewoods and Bergamot, but the intoxicating scent of the Arko overwhelms everything. I know that an intervention is likely at the next Adelaide get together and I am prepared, I will take Arko for everyone - just in case :)

Cold water start to finish.
Arko with a horse hair brush,
5/8" Puma Full hollow
DFS from a single pass.
Smear of Macadamia nut oil.

There will be protests at government locations world-wide - and then a national day provided, possibly a public holiday and a tax on all non-arko supplies. It will never end!!!!! Doomsday is upon us......

All those protesters wearing red vests of course ...

My Arko odyssey continued last night and I'm sorry to report it was another smooth comfortable close cold water straight razor shave.

I actually thought I could handle a one off Arko hit, I had heard of the Arko addiction and thought I was experienced enough to handle it but I'm now up to 4 in a row and it is just getting better. I understand I need help to get back to the Myrtles, Oakmosss, the Sandlewoods and Bergamot, but the intoxicating scent of the Arko overwhelms everything. I know that an intervention is likely at the next Adelaide get together and I am prepared, I will take Arko for everyone - just in case :)

Cold water start to finish.
Arko with a horse hair brush,
5/8" Puma Full hollow
DFS from a single pass.
Smear of Macadamia nut oil.

@bald as aka ‘chief conspirator’:watching:

Shower
Rockwell 6S (4)
Personna Super / Lab Blue (4)
Muhle Sea Buckthorn Cream
Omega 48
Gillette Fusion Pro Series Moisurising Balm

I thought this blade would have mellowed out by now. I was wrong. Weepers, rash and irritation - not a good combo. A very close shave - too close! Fine WTG but ATG is a mess. It seems unique in its ability to increase harshness with age... while I retain the suspicion a new one will do OK in a very mild razor, this one has come to the end of the road.

I got this cream from the inimitable @TomG. I used a lot of product and got really quite a good result. Not usually a fan of creams but this one is at least on par with TOBS, which was my previous favourite cream. I quite like the scent and it was a thick, slick, moist and lubricious lather. It wouldn't last long at this rate of use though. I will have to find out who makes the base (I doubt it would be Muhle) and see if I can find a cheaper bulk supplier for it. The Sea Buckthorn is a great scent though - I have no idea what's actually in it but I really like it.

Last edited:
Do Arko do a piss aftershave splash??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::sick::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah, but for some reason they are always unlabelled. Not sure how that works for brand recognition.

Did you want me to send you down a sample? Like I said it will be just in an unlabelled bottle ...

Date: 14 January 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Mountain Man
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette British Tech attached to iKon Bulldog / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive

YIKE!! @Mark1966 you've changed you're an original avatar? are you okay? are you seriously addicted to Arko shave stick :wideyed: or are you still trapped in your urinal cake men's room

Pre: Hot towel, Crew oil
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Red lead

Status
Not open for further replies.