Great kit, great shave, great result!

Stay cool today guys

6FfkrKul.jpg

Yesterday's SOTD
IMG-1576.jpg

Rockwell 6S R3 w/ Kai (1)
Mondial1908 Boar
AP Reserve Bombora Soap/Splash/EdT

Bombora is an awesome set for a hot, humid Sydney day.

I gotta give shout out to this Mondial boar brush. It's f'ing amazing. If anyone loves boars and has not got one, go do it! There like 30 bucks. I can't imagine how any brush could be better.

I think it's identical to @UKSteve beloved ABC boar. The ABC was what I ordered, but this is what I got. What ever it is, I dig it.

Pre-shave: Shower, Glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Squadron, Tim Keech Memorial Auction 2018
Razor: Rockwell 6C, Ikon Bamboo Handle (3)
Blade: Perma Sharp Super (1)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, Tim Keech Memorial Auction 2018 splash

Great Soap + Great Razor + Great Blade = Great shave.
The soap performed well and the scent was amazing thanks @SchoolForAnts

Date: 16 January 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 26mm Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Nag Champa
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Wizamet Polsilver Brown #6
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

Pre: Warm water, Proraso Green
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green

I have to confess I'm a boaring old tart and it was another Arko cold water shave tonight. Tonight was my last Arko till the February Arko -- challenge!

Arko. - grated and finely tossed and sprinkled into an antique porcelain bowl with a delicate pressure applied with both thumbs to firm and conform the soap to the contour of the bowl, the Arko was then allowed to sit undisturbed for 24 hours to consolidate its character and scent :)
Face wash with high quality imported "Imperial Leather"
Proraso preshave applied to a freshly rinsed face.
Boar brush - A barely damp Semogue 830 gently [Arko loads very easily] swirled in a cyclonic, anticlockwise motion barely caressing the soap. With a nicely loaded non foamy brush the brush and face made contact to create a wonderful creamy slick lather. Water was added as need to present the straight razor with the ultimate environment for an irritation free shave.
Single pass with a laser like Japanese 6/8" Tanifuji.
Post shave Macadamia nut oil.

Who says Arko doesn't have class ? :)

I have to confess I'm a boaring old tart and it was another Arko cold water shave tonight. Tonight was my last Arko till the February Arko -- challenge!

Arko. - grated and finely tossed and sprinkled into an antique porcelain bowl with a delicate pressure applied with both thumbs to firm and conform the soap to the contour of the bowl, the Arko was then allowed to sit undisturbed for 24 hours to consolidate its character and scent :)
Boar brush - A barely damp Semogue 830 gently [Arko loads very easily] swirled in a cyclonic, anticlockwise motion barely caressing the soap. With a nicely loaded non foamy brush the brush and face made contact to create a wonderful creamy slick lather. Water was added as need to present the straight razor with the ultimate environment for an irritation free shave.

Anticlockwise?

I thought that the Marco method was clockwise? This could be controversial ...

A few flowery words and Arko suddenly sounds almost nice...

I’m afraid I won’t be able to resist and one day I’ll end up babbling like a crazy man while I throw sticks of Arko at people walking down the street minding their own business.

Status
Not open for further replies.