WR1
Feather
AP Reserve Torchwood
Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square

Omega boar
Rockwell 6s (5)
Feather (not counting anymore)
APR vintage - Idoru

It was a battle between head and heart today.

The head smelled the soap and didn't like it, too spicy, too strange, too ... wierd.
The heart, on the other hand, looked at the soap and said: vintage APR, unobtanium, it's APR it won't be that bad... right?

I'm glad to say that the heart won and I had a very interesting shave. The scent improved vastly with lathering making for an alternative oriental spice flavour that rounded out nicely with some floral notes from the matching aftershave. A different experience with what must be APR's former base (I much prefer the current one) topping it off.

It's not one I would purchase but the travelling box is all about trying different things that you normally wouldn't so I was glad I stepped outside my comfort zone.

It was a battle between head and heart today.

The head smelled the soap and didn't like it, too spicy, too strange, too ... wierd.
The heart, on the other hand, looked at the soap and said: vintage APR, unobtanium, it's APR it won't be that bad... right?

I'm glad to say that the heart won and I had a very interesting shave. The scent improved vastly with lathering making for an alternative oriental spice flavour that rounded out nicely with some floral notes from the matching aftershave. A different experience with what must be APR's former base (I much prefer the current one) topping it off.

It's not one I would purchase but the travelling box is all about trying different things that you normally wouldn't so I was glad I stepped outside my comfort zone.

Idoru was commissioned for Tim Keech who sadly passed away a time back, one of his requests was that it be offered for release :)

Pre: shower
Soap: Barrister and Mann Reserve Spice
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Karve C
Blade: Voskhod

Really nice lather on the reserve stuff. Was going to finish off the TOBS but after yesterday’s shave, the protection wasn’t quite there. I think I’ll bin it and work on the Spice now. Or alternate every other day until the cream is done. Will see what happens.

Idoru was commissioned for Tim Keech who sadly passed away a time back, one of his requests was that it be offered for release :)
I messed up a couple of years ago when I traded my Idoru set for a B&M set.
Firstly I didn't appreciate the scent profile as much as I do now. Really liked it but I was too inexperienced and not thinking. Secondly the P&C member (shall remain nameless) miss informed me of remaining levels of the traded items and was firm with their trade.
Took it as a lesson.
So to my surprise it was great to see it again in the P&C box. Loved it and missed. Simple at first and then complex like all my APRs.

Date:- 06 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Ninfeo di Egeria
Razor/Blade:- Razorock Mission / Polsilver Super Iridium #8
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tabac

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve APR Skyefall shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (7)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve APR Skyefall splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve APR Skyefall EDT

A very soft landing after the 'pain' of yesterday - great stuff this!

9HdOiLn.jpg

Donga Shave at Camp in Great Sandy Desert

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw Kind of Oud
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Scent: DR Harris Arlington

Back at the camp with the unholiest hard water. Trialled addition of Citric acid as a softening agent to lather water.
It made a tangible improvement to the lather - still not up to normal standards, but acceptable.

The improved lather allowed me to go for a third ATG pass, whereas I normally cut my losses and stick with two passes at this location.
Ended up with a very nice BBS shave. I could also tell that the lather and subsequent shave was improved by the skin sensation when I applied the Alt Innsbruck Emulsion post-shave.
It is normally a bit of damage control, but on this occasion, it was simply a delightful bracing finale.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve APR Skyefall shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (7)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve APR Skyefall splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve APR Skyefall EDT

A very soft landing after the 'pain' of yesterday - great stuff this!
Do NOT!!
Under ANY circumstances...
Use THIS set...
Until COMPLETION!!!!!

You WILL be sorry IF you do!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.