Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson LE Jubilee Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Aqua di Palma Colonia shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 (1966) Lady Gillette "Champagne"
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: Aqua di Palma Colonia splash
Fragrance: Aqua di Palma Colonia EDC

Great stuff. Haven't used a 'Lady' for a while - simply a SuperSpeed head on a longer handle. Nice chance, the software is pretty good too!

NTulp5Yl.jpg
Are you shaving your hairy legs again @Mark1966 with the Lady Gillette

1969?? Wow that’s surreal, shaving with something that’s much older than I am but is still functional.

Yep will definitely get a Spoiler into it eventually. Just wanted to start with a Polsilver as that’s now my ‘baseline’ blade

Seeing that most of the Darwin group are much older than you, are you suggesting we are not still functional?

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere
WTG, ATG with touch ups and adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-4989.jpg

IMG-20191013-160458-1-01.jpg

My first try of Boellis Panama soap (sample thanks to @TomG ) and my new 1936 Aristocrat razor with a red and white Gillette Stainless blade and then Feather blade.

The soap is DIVINE. Wow. Amazing performance and cushion with slickness for days. It's pricey but clearly an outstanding product I hope to acquire one day. Thanks so much, Tom. Still have enough in the bowl for another shave so very happy.

The razor is amazing. I had 4 days growth (school holidays!) And it removed it with absolutely no blade feel on the red and white blade. Eerie. So I put in a Feather for the final pass and pickups. Slightly felt the blade with BBS. This will take some more shaves with more blades to get a real handle on things. Great fun, of course

Seeing that most of the Darwin group are much older than you, are you suggesting we are not still functional?

😂

Well this isn’t a binary proposition- we’re all diminishing in functionality with every passing year. I remember being able to run 6km everyday - my knees are aching at the very thought of that now.

As for the razor, I suppose I’m from a generation which isn’t accustomed to things being built to last

1969?? Wow that’s surreal, shaving with something that’s much older than I am but is still functional.
I considered (romanticized over) a birth year car or motorbike and always talk myself out of it because of reliability (idling at lights without stalling) maintenance costs and lack of modern conveniences puts me off.
So a few L1 razors in the den is a good substitute and I can use these daily without any performance issues.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Terror
Razor: 1969 Gillette Black Beauty (8,6)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)

Might be more accurate to call this razor Black Mamba rather than Black Beauty. It feels smooth and innocuous during the shave, so you’re lulled into a false sense of complacency and push too much and too hard. End result was some irritation and a decent cut on the neck. Tomorrow I’ll keep it at 8 for the first WTG pass, but will definitely dial down a bit more for the second ATG pass.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson LE Jubilee Shaving Brush (19/150)
Soap/Cream: Aqua di Palma Colonia shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 (1966) Lady Gillette "Champagne"
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Aqua di Palma Colonia splash
Fragrance: Aqua di Palma Colonia EDC

Another ridiculously early shave - but a ridiculously good one too!

The Jubilee brush is a cracker!

pyJRF4Wl.jpg

Razor:6s
Brush: yaqi synth
Soap: citrus musk
Balm: citrus musk

Recieved the cancer charity auction set last week so have been running with it since Saturday.the soap is good quick to lather and has a crazy amount of slickness.ive never tried the balm before but I'm really impressed it goes on easily and just gets out of the way leaving a soft fresh face feel without any tackiness or greasiness.the scent though isn't really doing it for me being reminiscent of a cheap toilet spray to my nose at first but after an hour or so mellowing out to something a bit less grating and reasonably pleasant with limited longevity.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Yaqi Synth Pony 26mm
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender

Started on a 3 day growth with the Timeless + Voskhod combo, with a special thanks to @Holiday for the Voskhod’s. Wasn’t overly impressed with the first pass as it was a bit tuggy but the next three passes were quite smooth resulting in a very comfortable BBS.

48893650457_49507f20b7_b.jpg

IMG-20191014-163912.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Face: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Astra Blue (3)
Pre: Warm water
Soap: APR Lightning Ridge
APR Passione splash // Vaseline Replenishing Mouisteriser

Shaving bliss! :love: Off to have some delicious Japanese food with the misses :) Happy shaves!

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coolabah
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-4990.jpg

SOTD
Shower
Merkur 1904 clone
Personna Lab Blue (3)
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
GFT Rose
Imperial Leather AS

A nice 3 pass BBS

SOTOD
Gillette Blue 2 Disposable (1)
Lea shave stick
Omega 80266 boar
Re-lather and cold rinse

Travel shave. While the 2-blade disposable of my youth feels very cheap and nasty in use in comparison to what has become my normal kit, now that I know how to lather and shave properly, the result was still a lovely BBS with no damage, so I can't really complain... This soap is the tallow version and really is very good indeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.