Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
yo looks like vegan to me... but Aussie stores disrespect the anchovies..... antiviruses are not salty, you pice of voldemort

Fresh anchovies are a delight, as are lightly salted anchovies. I agree with Fer that most of the canned anchovies we get in Australia are over-salted and of mediocre quality. I favour Spanish and Portuguese anchovies, closely followed by southern Italian varieties. The best ones are steeped in olive oil within glass containers.
The brand I usually buy is the Spanish Ortiz in glass jars.
As for antiviruses, I believe Fer was betrayed by the dreaded autotext. For a guy whose first language is not English, I think he deserves a pat on the back for his communication skills, and is a most welcome member and character on P&C. He has often entertained us not only with shaving topics, but with his fascinating vocational tales of ecological research in our Southern oceans.

Ortiz is made nor that far from my grounds...... but the good shit is not easier available down here.....aussie stores just keep then in the shelves while anchovies should be stored cold..... :D

Fresh anchovies are a delight, as are lightly salted anchovies. I agree with Fer that most of the canned anchovies we get in Australia are over-salted and of mediocre quality. I favour Spanish and Portuguese anchovies, closely followed by southern Italian varieties. The best ones are steeped in olive oil within glass containers.
The brand I usually buy is the Spanish Ortiz in glass jars.
As for antiviruses, I believe Fer was betrayed by the dreaded autotext. For a guy whose first language is not English, I think he deserves a pat on the back for his communication skills, and is a most welcome member and character on P&C. He has often entertained us not only with shaving topics, but with his fascinating vocational tales of ecological research in our Southern oceans.

I have to contain myself, but in all stores have ever enter, from global stores like woolies etc... to ore "deli", they always have then anchovies in ther shelves, and anchovies are a half-preserved product, it requires being in cold like meat, fresh fish or other stuff....

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson LE Jubilee Shaving Brush (19/150)
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Trois shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Trois splash
Fragrance: N/A

I really must get some of the matching EDP shouldn't I? Trying to be very restrained this year ...

Great Monday morning shave!

69WwJGol.jpg

dVGYOgNl.jpg

Great to be home and using my normal kit. Has made me certain that la Toja soap is ordinary in my experience. Maybe mashed into a spare tub it might be easier to load properly, but rubbing soap sticks on my face is not for me...

Also nice is using my favourite aftershave for this time of year! I really must grab some of the small amber bottles to make some travelling sized aftershave options...

dVGYOgNl.jpg

Great to be home and using my normal kit. Has made me certain that la Toja soap is ordinary in my experience. Maybe mashed into a spare tub it might be easier to load properly, but rubbing soap sticks on my face is not for me...

Also nice is using my favourite aftershave for this time of year! I really must grab some of the small amber bottles to make some travelling sized aftershave options...

Welcome back, hope apart from shaving it was enjoyable!

I use a D R Harris stick when traveling. Yeah it is not the same as loading normally but still ends up with a decent lather.

Welcome back, hope apart from shaving it was enjoyable!

I use a D R Harris stick when traveling. Yeah it is not the same as loading normally but still ends up with a decent lather.
Thanks it was very enjoyable! Some rough weather but nothing that caused any ill effects...

Moving forward, i'm thinking i'm going to take a tub of soap, possibly some WSP Formula T since the tin size is smaller than most other tubs i have.

Status
Not open for further replies.