Hey @Pbgoose stop kissing, because, everybody is watching :LOL:

extkXge.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar
Soap: Squadron- The Warden
Razor: Merkur 39c
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post-shave: Squadron- The Warden
Disappointed by the Astra in 39c. Needed a second pass to remove all stubble. Highlights efficiency of Piccolo OC in comparison.
Now I need to find my JAWS (paging @revhed or @astinus4) although I am sure it was returned. LOL ¯\_( ❛ ͜ʖ ❛ )_/¯ must be at work
Enjoyed The Warden a nice Barbershop smell, good lather and post shave feel.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Post: Squadron, The Warden Aftershave, Stirling Sharp Dressed Man balm
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-5025.jpg

Brush: RR boar
Razor: iKon Shavecraft 102 slant + OSS handle
Blade: Astra Blue (2)
Pre: Shower + Nivea face wash
Soap: Pereira's Charcoal soap
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Proraso white balm

E.F.F.O.R.T.L.E.S.S!!!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson LE Jubilee Shaving Brush (19/150)
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Trois shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Trois splash
Fragrance: N/A

Oh how good to we have it? Another great shave from this setup. Nice ...

69WwJGol.jpg

RGbX87ql.jpg

Beautiful shave with a great soap and the usual C plate of the Karve. Must get around to cleaning the drink mark off the cabinet top!

In a strange twist, I think I’ve finally cracked how to get the best from the APR splashes. Bear with me please...

When using winter aftershaves such as Ozymandias or even FBR, I found that about 3 or 4 shakes onto a wet palm was fine. Made for a great face feel after applying. Not sticky but gave great coverage.

When I first received some spring and summer aftershaves, I continued this habit but found that the face feel wasn’t as nice. It was almost a tacky feel for most of the morning at least.

Fast forward to recent weeks and I have been shaking the splash into a dry palm, about 12-15 shakes, to get a lot more product into my hands, then rubbing together and applying to face and neck. The result is a much better face feel more akin to that I get from the wintry scents.

So a question for the regular APR users, along with @todras , is there a preference to your own manner of applying this product? Do you get better results from a certain way of applying?

Qf4ElRh.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap,Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: AOS Sandalwood (Tallow)
Razor: Mergress XL (2)
Blade: NOS Personna P74 Med Prep (11)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Musgo Real Classic Aftershave Balsam
Scent: Boucheron Pour Homme EdT

Beautiful shave - I'm BBS and grinning :D.

extkXge.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar
Soap: Squadron- The Warden
Razor: Merkur 39c
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post-shave: Squadron- The Warden
Disappointed by the Astra in 39c. Needed a second pass to remove all stubble. Highlights efficiency of Piccolo OC in comparison.
Now I need to find my JAWS (paging @revhed or @astinus4) although I am sure it was returned. LOL ¯\_( ❛ ͜ʖ ❛ )_/¯ must be at work
Enjoyed The Warden a nice Barbershop smell, good lather and post shave feel.

IMHO the Warden is the best barbershop scent around, i just to remember to bring mine into work one day where i do 95% of my shaving

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (7)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender

This blade is still continuing to impress me, the longest I have every used a blade is 4 times and it is still shaving me close and smooth. Looks like 100 of these blades will be making it to my den shortly.

48976800326_770b0a1a0b_b.jpg

... I found that about 3 or 4 shakes onto a wet palm was fine. ...
... I have been shaking the splash into a dry palm...

Oh no, the 'wet palm / dry palm' controversy - here we go people ...

RGbX87ql.jpg

Beautiful shave with a great soap and the usual C plate of the Karve. Must get around to cleaning the drink mark off the cabinet top!

In a strange twist, I think I’ve finally cracked how to get the best from the APR splashes. Bear with me please...

When using winter aftershaves such as Ozymandias or even FBR, I found that about 3 or 4 shakes onto a wet palm was fine. Made for a great face feel after applying. Not sticky but gave great coverage.

When I first received some spring and summer aftershaves, I continued this habit but found that the face feel wasn’t as nice. It was almost a tacky feel for most of the morning at least.

Fast forward to recent weeks and I have been shaking the splash into a dry palm, about 12-15 shakes, to get a lot more product into my hands, then rubbing together and applying to face and neck. The result is a much better face feel more akin to that I get from the wintry scents.

So a question for the regular APR users, along with @todras , is there a preference to your own manner of applying this product? Do you get better results from a certain way of applying?

Out of respect for some my work colleagues who are hypersensitive to scents I use the splash sparingly. Apply a few drops on wet palm then pat on my face/neck.

IMHO the Warden is the best barbershop scent around, i just to remember to bring mine into work one day where i do 95% of my shaving
Agree, it is reminiscent of some other faves Command Presence, Ghost Town Barber and Stirling Barbershop. Just wish it had more longevity like PAA products you can still smell the next day
This blade is still continuing to impress me
Hi @StratMan is this just a standard Wilkie that can be bought in Woolies, not vintage, UK or anything special?

Agree, it is reminiscent of some other faves Command Presence, Ghost Town Barber and Stirling Barbershop. Just wish it had more longevity like PAA products you can still smell the next day

Hi @StratMan is this just a standard Wilkie that can be bought in Woolies, not vintage, UK or anything special?

i personally found the Warden splash to have excellent longevity, but i understand what you are saying compared with PAA.. I had their CaD which is PAA version of barbershop, to me it was an excellent barbershop scent and lasted all day no problem. It smells quite similair to B&M Seville

No these Wilkinson blades come from beard and blade, i believe they are made in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.