Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
3GWD8usl.jpg

Naturally decided to make use of this month by switching soaps often. Passione on today’s agenda which was the first time using the soap. Not much change from the tub to the face. Lovely scent and of course great protection. In hindsight of this mornings weather, Skye Fall would have been the better choice.
And who would think the Karve B would bite??!!??

I’m missing a huge chunk of skin, from my thumb tip. Accidentally bumped the blade while reaching for the tap while moving the razor in to be rinsed. Yeowtch!!!

I’m missing a huge chunk of skin, from my thumb tip. Accidentally bumped the blade while reaching for the tap while moving the razor in to be rinsed. Yeowtch!!!

OUCH!!!!

It is a good reminder that we are dealing with sharp things. Maybe you would be safer with a Mach 3 or something? ;)

Brush: maggard synth
Soap: Apr saa
Splash: Apr saa
Razor/blade : wolfman/7 o'clock yellow
First morning with the travelling hardware box and what a cracker.this razor is one of the mildest shaving razors I've ever tried but also one of the most efficient I can see why they get so much love.found the angle on the first stroke and went on to a 3 pass bbs from there.

3GWD8usl.jpg

Naturally decided to make use of this month by switching soaps often. Passione on today’s agenda which was the first time using the soap. Not much change from the tub to the face. Lovely scent and of course great protection. In hindsight of this mornings weather, Skye Fall would have been the better choice.

APRil - Day Two

Skye Fall
Chubby 2, super
ATT windsor
Feather
I must have read your mind @tim33z. Skye Fall was just perfect for this morning. Great shave

APRil SOTM
IMAG0408.jpg

Brush: Omega 24mm
Razor: Headblade Moto
Soap: APR Lixiviant
Pre: Shower + Washpool Charcoal Face Cleanser bar

Brush: PAA Green Ray
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6 palte)
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: APR Lixiviant

Started the month with a super smooth head shave in the shower. Kept the same soap/splash combo for today's shave = near BBS and smelling delictable! It's gonna be an APR-tastic SOTM :)

APRil - Day Two

Skye Fall
Chubby 2, super
ATT windsor
Feather
I must have read your mind @tim33z. Skye Fall was just perfect for this morning. Great shave
Yes - it was so cold, my hands fell off...

see...

To finish off B&M March, I didn’t shave over the weekend and started my April with TSW/PAA goodness.

Pre: hot shower
Soap: Phoenix - the Kiss
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 1
Razor: Karve 3”, C-plate
Blade: Astra green (1)

Fine shave and a nice way to start the day doing paperwork paperwork paperwork.

U19WQEm.jpg

Three Karve's in a row!

Don't often see 3 vintage razor posts consecutively hey @Mark1966

TTTT....

Don't often see three Maseratis driving past consecutively hey @tim33z

There is common and quotidian ...

... and there is stylish, unique, rare, and collectible ;)

Don't often see three Maseratis driving past consecutively hey @tim33z

There is common and quotidian ...

... and there is stylish, unique, rare, and collectible ;)
Point taken - yet the classic 'cars' in the hardware travelling box seem to be all kept in their garages while the modern 'cars' are being taken for joyrides regularly....

Date: 02 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger Black 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Chypre Rose Concerto Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell R4 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #14
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

Point taken - yet the classic 'cars' in the hardware travelling box seem to be all kept in their garages while the modern 'cars' are being taken for joyrides regularly....

No accounting for taste is there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.