Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like an awesome razor. I hope to own a Williams one day
It is better to use than a kamisori razor which can only be used right handed for the entire face. It’s also very manoeuvrable due it’s smaller blade length. They do come up on a few shaving forums or even eBay every now and then for a more palatable price. I just happened to luck into the 007 when I went looking.

IMG-20200527-185429.jpg

Brush: Proraso (Omega) boar
Head: Headblade Moto
Face:Rockwell 6S (R5 plate)
Blade: Vertice Euromax (1)
Soap: Squadron Soap Red Lead
Bowl: Pereira Shavery Bowl
Pre: Shower
Post: Old Spice splash // APR Escentials Restoration Serum // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented Balm

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
machine: Weber PH + UFO goliath prototype
blade: Polsilver vintage
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2B
soap: Bufflehead Fletcher
splash: APR Fenchurch
EdP: APR Fenchurch

kQ1xRhU.jpg

Th eonly 'thing' is the soap, which dry out my face, even with the emulsion as pre. This third use of the blade was an abuse to it also. Scents... pretty amazing, of course :)

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Persona Platinum
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: Santal Absolut

Got a real nice lather with the soap but loading of the puck was a bit of a ball breaker so tomorrow it’s time to grate the puck it into a container. Happy with the soap performance and looking forward to getting to know it further.

The splash smells great, very happy with it.. think I applied a little too much tonight 😊

I also discovered I much prefer the 2-band yaqi over its silvertip equivalent, the backbone makes all the difference.. cant wait for the Matilda!!!

49941469907_7bba2bdd8d_b.jpg

It is better to use than a kamisori razor which can only be used right handed for the entire face. It’s also very manoeuvrable due it’s smaller blade length. They do come up on a few shaving forums or even eBay every now and then for a more palatable price. I just happened to luck into the 007 when I went looking.
I didn't want to be too cheeky LTM. It is such a pretty razor you wouldn't want to scratch it with your whiskers ;)
Seriously nice and a very good pic of the day. I had to look more than once and resort to matching SOTD items with pic to be sure the whole thing was not a photo of a picture of a photo

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soaps Group Captain's Blend shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (5)
Blade: Vintage UK Wilkinson Sword (5)
Post-shave: Squadron Soaps Group Captain's Blend splash
Fragrance: N/A

What was going on this morning? Zoned out really, got to applying the splash and realised I'd only done one pass!

Thought about lathering up again and going around for a second shave - then realised I have no Zoom meetings today ...

... this could be the beginning of something really bad.

crimxHQl.jpg

Date:- 28 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Bon Vivant
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Fatboy (7 & 5) G2 1961 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- McGuigan Black Label Red

Book 8 of 21.
556078.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Ace
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Pre: Water from the tap
Razor: Gillette Slim (6)
Blade: Persona Platinum
Brush: Yaqi 2-Band Badger
Soap: MdC Agrumes

The agrumes has a pleasant subtle lemon scent and produced a nice lather without much issue. Shaved with a persona I found in the slim so not sure on how many uses its had but after the third pass I knew my skin felt a little sensitive

shave done I knew I was playing with fire when contemplating the RR Lime splash (mainly alcohol) but it smells soooooo nice I didn’t care and did not hold back… yes I did turn a lovely shade of red which remained for a good 5-10mins.. after than the skin went real nice so post shave I feel great. I absolutely love the lime scent, feels very refreshing but it settled quite quickly, is this the RR lime or how citrus scents are. The Tuscan oud I got yday stayed quite strong for a long while.

49944932797_c2e20175fd_b.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- Semogue Owners Club - Limited Edition Boar
Soap:- RazoRock - Medico Della Peste
Razor:- ATT - R
Blade:- Rubie(4)
Aftershave:- RazoRock - Medico Della Peste

AVFqU2y.jpg

Delightful!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soaps Group Captain's Blend shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (5)
Blade: Vintage UK Wilkinson Sword (6)
Post-shave: Squadron Soaps Group Captain's Blend splash
Fragrance: N/A

Shaved properly today, 2 1/2 passes. Didn't go down the rabbit hole.

PHEW!

crimxHQl.jpg

Vintage shave to finish the week off:

I2 Slim
B&M Reserve Spice
Gillette popular model reknotted with some amazing two band silvertip courtesy of @Srdjan and Rhodium Knots

The hairs on this brush are awesome, so soft, yet stiff enough to whip up an amzing lather from the reserve base. I can't wait to get the P&C Matilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.