Blade: Feather Pro Super (3)
AS: Pb Black Spruce

IMG-20200625-222502.jpg

Brush: TF Custom Shades of Blue & Gold Tuxedo Shaving Brush
Razor: PAA DOC + Nickel travel handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Soap: Catties Bubbles Irish Coffee
Pre: Shower
Post: AP Reserve Escentials Restoration Serum // Mr Royal cologne // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm

A super smooth near DFS this morning with the neglected travel DOC. I'd had forgotten how nimble this DE is and although mild by design, I still managed to get a comfortable and even shave which was surprisingly nice. Not much else to add as I'm really enjoying the soap, and the tuxedo knot performs as well as any other synthetic I've tried. Ordered some more Serum as the stuff works so great as does the balm which requires a top up soon. Might take the opportunity to grab some Stirling soap as its popular with the kids! :) Happy shaves and have a great weekend!

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Semogue - Excelsior 1470 Boar Brush
Soap:- Stirling - Island Man
Razors:- Timeless .68 SB - Scalloped Head
- Razor Rock - Game Changer 0.84-P - YAQI Handle
- Wolfman WR2 1.05 OC Darwin Handle
Blade:- Nacet (2)
Aftershave:- Stirling - Island Man

pXv5XqC.jpg

FaceFat Ol B'Shoppe, a very refreshing and calming scent, and of course as amazingly slick as FF always is. The rosemary and basil oils give it a nice herbal twist, combine that with lemon, ambrette, patchouli, vetiver, and cypress and the result is fantastic.
This Nacet Platinum just won't quit, 7 shaves now and it's still as good as new.
Q1KFvI9.jpg
48BfSlt.jpg

Gillette L1 Slim
Phoenix & Beau Spitfire

Sensational

Off to Orange overnight to try out the present we bought my father in law -

d5076f9c-9fa2-4ebc-b2d3-17f2656c5fea.jpg

I can't be up there every weekend to cut logs, his sons hate doing it and he is in his '80s - at not much more than hiring a log splitter for the day, worth a shot

Gillette L1 Slim
Phoenix & Beau Spitfire

Sensational

Off to Orange overnight to try out the present we bought my father in law -

d5076f9c-9fa2-4ebc-b2d3-17f2656c5fea.jpg

I can't be up there every weekend to cut logs, his sons hate doing it and he is in his '80s - at not much more than hiring a log splitter for the day, worth a shot
You can always hired @alfredus as your father personal lumberjack man to cut up the logs.

Brush: TF Custom Shades of Blue & Gold Tuxedo Shaving Brush
Head: Leaf Razor
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Razor: PAA DOC + Nickel travel handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Soap: Catties Bubbles Irish Coffee
Pre: Shower
Post: AP Reserve Escentials Restoration Serum // Mr Royal cologne // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm

When things work why change! Another enjoyable DFS with a head shave thrown in as well because I needed it :) Off to a kids birthday party which should be... fun for the kids! Happy shaves :cool:

It has been at least 6 weeks since I last shaved and it was pretty easy to make a selection for today's shave.
The Rhodium Knots knot from @Srdjan completely surpassed my expectations and blew me away completely. Luxurious gel like tips and an amazing face feel.
The WR2 is truly an amazing razor. Immediately and unconsciously found the correct angle and had an amazing shave.
sKhlkHU.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo, Aggressive Plate
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Ace
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
I usually go with the mild plate but felt like a change.Very enjoyable shave. Skin feels super smooth.

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Thiers Issard silvertip with natural horn handle
Soap: Simpsons - Lavender & Vetvier Luxury Shaving Cream
Str8: Dubl Duck - Goldedge / Dovo - Solingen
Aftershave: Post Shave Serum

TsfcmqY.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyable shave and because still learning straight shaving am boasting a weekend goatee until Monday mornings DE shave
Two successful shaves with self honed straight thanks to @bald as ;)

Last edited:
It has been at least 6 weeks since I last shaved and it was pretty easy to make a selection for today's shave.
The Rhodium Knots knot from @Srdjan completely surpassed my expectations and blew me away completely. Luxurious gel like tips and an amazing face feel.
The WR2 is truly an amazing razor. Immediately and unconsciously found the correct angle and had an amazing shave.
sKhlkHU.jpg
You mean you had a WR2 and resisted the urge to use it for 6 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.