Status
Not open for further replies.
Date:- 24 June 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Gratiot League Square
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Gillette Nacet #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men
Tonight Tipple:- Glen Grant The Major's Reserve

Book 12 of 21.
145789.jpg

XJWOyuV.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captain's Blend
Razor: Rockwell 6C Gunmetal (R3)
Blade: Astra SP (1)

A late shave for a lazy PDO. I can't remember the last time that I was able to take time, like really take time to enjoy the shaving ritual. 3-pass BBS-. My order from Beard&Blade came in, too so I'm stocked up with Astra blades that my face seems to really agree with.

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 1.05 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron – The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Pre: nothing
machine: timeless 0.95 oc scalloped
blade: Astra green
brush: Tony Forsyth Manchurian
soap: Storybook soapworks / APR Carnivale
splash: Storybook soapworks / APR Carnivale

AWFUL!
This is the third use of this soap. The previous ones were ok. Today, apparently a bit of rush while against the grain, could be the blade too, but in its second use these greens are still ok to me... half an hour afterwards I noticed... Razor burns and itches!. It has not happen to me maybe in 10 years? No wonder why the laptop does not want to recognize the memory card of the camera...
Can be a bad day, something going bad on the soap, or whatsoever (I'll give it another try), but certainly a bad outcome!

Pre: nothing
machine: timeless 0.95 oc scalloped
blade: Astra green
brush: Tony Forsyth Manchurian
soap: Storybook soapworks / APR Carnivale
splash: Storybook soapworks / APR Carnivale

AWFUL!
This is the third use of this soap. The previous ones were ok. Today, apparently a bit of rush while against the grain, could be the blade too, but in its second use these greens are still ok to me... half an hour afterwards I noticed... Razor burns and itches!. It has not happen to me maybe in 10 years? No wonder why the laptop does not want to recognize the memory card of the camera...
Can be a bad day, something going bad on the soap, or whatsoever (I'll give it another try), but certainly a bad outcome!
Sorry Sealer. I know the feeling. Tomorrow is another day. In the meantime, try clearing your browser data and reboot the laptop. Sometimes works for me.

Something interesting occurred to me. I thought what is my cheapest shave. Here it is.. Gauntlet thrown down!

50041749152_8d1712ff0d_z.jpg

Bowl/Scuttle:- Soap dish
Brush:- Waterford Badger
Soap/Cream:- Monsavon
Razor/Blade:- 5/8 Bengall
Post/After:- Proraso Green Tea & Oatmeal aftershave balm

Razor: 99c
Bowl: $1
Brush: $5
Soap: $1.65
Balm: $8 with 10 pack of Muhle blades

2eAuE66l.jpg

The built in plug in my sink broke this morning. Fortunately I had a backup from my travel kit.

I blame @Pbgoose for the breakage ...

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: iKon SBS _ Bulldog II handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)
Soap: Catties Bubbles Irish Coffee
Pre: Shower
Post: Mr Royal cologne // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm

A somewhat satisfying pre-work shave this morning. Decided to stick with the soap as it smells nice and has been performing well. Changed brushes as the 26mm synthetic lathers up a treat and although the SBS shaved smoothly on the aggressive side it let me down for efficiency as I'm noticing some missed spots on the chin :(
Finished off with the trusty cologne and balm (need to order some more as getting low)... Happy shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.