Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
39263404lv.jpg

Ethos Agrumes // BSB Spain Vielong 3B // Paradigm Diamondback 2020 // Ethos Agrumes Splash skind Food

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney badger/bristle shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (7)
Blade: Polsiver "Brown" (5)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum EDT

k3wl12al.jpg

IMG-20200820-223144.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Blue and Gold 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Italian Barber Wubderbar
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Soap: Cattie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
ATG, XTG, ATG = near BBS

Where’s the magic scuttle? It’s gotta be cold out your way!
Cool but not too bad. Spring is coming and you can feel it. I was still in my PJs when I took this shot this morning. That's the good thing about an acreage, the neighbors are close enough to know I'm nuts but not close enough to know I'm certifiable.:ROFLMAO:
This Robyn Bloom bowl is the best match for Bernard given it's a reasonably large brush. If I really want warm lather with this bowl I simply float it in the basin with warm water.:)

Cool but not too bad. Spring is coming and you can feel it. I was still in my PJs when I took this shot this morning. That's the good thing about an acreage, the neighbors are close enough to know I'm nuts but not close enough to know I'm certifiable.:ROFLMAO:
This Robyn Bloom bowl is the best match for Bernard given it's a reasonably large brush. If I really want warm lather with this bowl I simply float it in the basin with warm water.:)
Snow is coming our way this weekend so stick to the PJs. I float my lathering bowl the same way in the water I use for my hot towel. I’ve got a large HG on the way so I’m hoping to use it before it gets warm outside.

Snow is coming our way this weekend so stick to the PJs. I float my lathering bowl the same way in the water I use for my hot towel. I’ve got a large HG on the way so I’m hoping to use it before it gets warm outside.
Nice! If I buy another HG I'll get the large one. Great scuttles.
Or you could just bid on this unique COVID special scuttle by HG pottery and support a great cause ;)
https://paste-and-cut.com.au/commun...um-puce-shaving-scuttle-covid-19-editon.6424/

aRhGJzm.jpg

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Matilda Prototype Rhodium knots 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday Matilda day (y)

Date:- 21 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto 'Avatar' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Unconditional Surrender
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #14
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Murker
Brush: Matila LE
Soap: B&M Seville

Lets get right to that brush!! appearance is stunning but just as important is how it felt in my hand.. perfect and so comfortable, this is certainly the most comfortable brush i have by far. As soon as I started building a lather on my face I felt pure luxury, its such a soft brush and is also very dense. Without a doubt the brush brought a new level of joy to the face lathering process.. I cant wait to get move shaves under the belt with this amazing brush 😊

The blades? Mmmm yeah, after the first shave it went in the bin. How on earth can these be nearly a dollar a blade? I did not find them sharp and they were also a bit rough, what I had heard on the forums about these was true, for me anyway

50250878551_f0a8592532_b.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Murker
Brush: Matila LE
Soap: B&M Seville

Lets get right to that brush!! appearance is stunning but just as important is how it felt in my hand.. perfect and so comfortable, this is certainly the most comfortable brush i have by far. As soon as I started building a lather on my face I felt pure luxury, its such a soft brush and is also very dense. Without a doubt the brush brought a new level of joy to the face lathering process.. I cant wait to get move shaves under the belt with this amazing brush 😊

The blades? Mmmm yeah, after the first shave it went in the bin. How on earth can these be nearly a dollar a blade? I did not find them sharp and they were also a bit rough, what I had heard on the forums about these was true, for me anyway

50250878551_f0a8592532_b.jpg

Merkur Blades, good for disecting pigeons.

I also never had much luck with them.

Have you tried pigeons shepherd pie in UK, I’m not joking about it, taste a little bit like turkey and a bit more towards chicken.

No, never had pigeons intentionally that I am aware of. Although living in China for several years I had been very suspicious when the chicken just looked a little small, and didn't taste right.

Status
Not open for further replies.