Status
Not open for further replies.
Date:- 20 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Roam Limited Edition
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Feather Hi-Stainless #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lixiviant
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

@Pbgoose your real father isn't Sweeney Todd, you weren't raised and taught by the Death Razor

giphy.gif
Correct

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- BSB Spain
Soap:- NYC Winter Meetup 2017 - Madison Avenue
Razor:- Fatip - Piccolo
Blade:- Astra SP(4)
Aftershave:- NYC Winter Meetup 2017 - Madison Avenue
g6NxxlQ.jpg

Madison Avenue is a delectable scent up there with the best

Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25 SB
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip badger
Soap: APR LaVioletta

I worked something out today, the razor is truly ‘a wolf in sheep’s clothing’!!!

Paired with a Polsilver and a great lather the wolf is just so smooth that it leads you into a false sense of confidence where you just cant go wrong.

Nothing like the feeling you get when you shave with the R41, that commands your respect and concentration throughout the shave. Anyway, it did go wrong, nothing bad but got two nicks where one needed a styptic pencil. Have no pain, no burn but just got to try keep reminding myself to shave with some care lol

49797332042_f820a781c0_c.jpg

Last edited:
WQZRdw7.jpg

Pre-shave: none
Brush: Vulfix old original super badger
Razor: Wahl shavette w/ Derby extra? blades
Soap: APR Bombora
AS: APR Bombora

For the foreseeable future, my SOTD posts will be my fat head and only trimming my beard lines. Big ups to the gent who sold me the Bombora set. Wow, the citrus notes are very nice, can smell why people love it!

I have also started lathering in the soap container, bypassing my Muhle bowl all together. Sort of lost interest in using it. As for the blades, a few years ago I asked a friends partner to grab a heap of blades from her work. I use the blades for cacti grafting. Anyway, she gave me something like 800 blades and this Wahl shavette. Can't complain I guess

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless "Aussie Spoiler" (2)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend splash
Fragrance: N/A

Really like this soap / splash, just a pity about that offputting colour :)

glad y
WQZRdw7.jpg

Pre-shave: none
Brush: Vulfix old original super badger
Razor: Wahl shavette w/ Derby extra? blades
Soap: APR Bombora
AS: APR Bombora

For the foreseeable future, my SOTD posts will be my fat head and only trimming my beard lines. Big ups to the gent who sold me the Bombora set. Wow, the citrus notes are very nice, can smell why people love it!

I have also started lathering in the soap container, bypassing my Muhle bowl all together. Sort of lost interest in using it. As for the blades, a few years ago I asked a friends partner to grab a heap of blades from her work. I use the blades for cacti grafting. Anyway, she gave me something like 800 blades and this Wahl shavette. Can't complain I guess
glad you like the bombora.:)

gqvDwcC_d.jpg

WWB + Maggard SHD 24mm
Merkur 34c
Polsilver Super Iridium
Barrister & Mann - Clusterfig
Ariana & Evans - Asian Plum

Haven’t posted for a while, great to be back. I had a good shave this morning all though in a hurry. I’m really liking this blade - very sharp and smooth

Take it easy folks

Date:- 21 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Roam Limited Edition
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Feather Hi-Stainless #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5 // R6)
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (4)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira Shavery Lathering Bowl
Soap: Cella // Grooming Dept. DiA
Post: APR Escentials Restoration Serum // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm // APR Bay City splash

The last two pre-work shaves have been sublime. I find that the Bic works great with the 6S as it shaves smoothly whilst taming the sharpness of the blade. Mixed things up by using the DiA soap and it performs fabulously with a pleasant spicy scent. Recently moved areas at work so away from the lady with her sensitivities to strong smells, so decided to pair todays shave with a favourite splash. It gets the tick of approval from the misses :) Happy shaves!

Gave the Gold Dollar another run and I'm getting more comfortable with it each time. Still not quite BBS so went for the Calypso to finish off. It's been great to try it but it has confirmed I prefer my DE razors.

PAA Ice Cube
Dr Jon's Arctic Hydra
Wild West Brushworks 24mm Timberwolf Synth
Gold Dollar + ATT Calypso R1 with Nacet
DIY mentholated witch hazel
Malizia Uomo Balm

So, menthol + menthol + menthol 🥶🥶🥶
UfOQ1Wd.jpg

With a hectic workload from my home office and social distancing, shaving has been a non-neccessity in recent weeks.
So, after 14 days without a shave and my simian-like celtic hair growth, I saw something akin to this in the mirror:

k141lYU.jpg

What to do? Wind up my Mergress or Merkur to 6 with a fresh Light Brigade?
I decided to stick to my current combo - the very efficient Blackland Blackbird loaded with the very sharp vintage Gillette Swede on its third outing.

txiV4xI.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville
Razor: Long Handle Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Mennen Skin Bracer A/S splash

Well, there sure was a lot of hair to remove, but the combo did a sterling job. Obviously I needed to rinse clean the razor head more frequently than usual, but the shave was completed without a significant increase in time. Three passes for a DFS+ result. The lather from the white tub B&M Seville soap was terrific - sadly the ring of death is growing ever larger in its base.
My first use of Mennen Skin Bracer. Available at every drugstore in the US, but almost impossible to find in Australia. Thanks to @Nightguard for the contact. WIth the Skin Bracer's green colour, I was expecting a "green" fragrance; say something like Proraso Green. Indeed not. It has a very comforting masculine vanilla scent, and a very decent menthol kick. I can see why it is a classic in its home country and has stood the test of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.