Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

Another day, another tree-stump...

6kMpVns.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush: The Stray Whisker Synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Decided to try this fabled blade for the first time with my trusty sheep fat, and it didn't disappoint. It seems more on the smooth side than the sharp, more akin to Astra than a Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow for instance. With my pack of 50 of them, they should last a long time indeed. Happy shaves.

6kMpVns.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush: The Stray Whisker Synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

Decided to try this fabled blade for the first time with my trusty sheep fat, and it didn't disappoint. It seems more on the smooth side than the sharp, more akin to Astra than a Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow for instance. With my pack of 50 of them, they should last a long time indeed. Happy shaves.
Nice photo.
But when I see the MWF ceramic pot on its side like that, I break into a sweat in fear of it rolling off the bench and shattering on the bathroom floor!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Wolf Whiskers - custom 30mm black wolf
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans / The Club - Club Baccara (K2)
Razor: Razorock - SS Lupo 95
Blade: - Personna - Lab blue (3)
Post-shave: A&E / The Club - Club Baccara AS splash / A&E skin food nourshing cream

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Fantastic daily shave. Exceptional razor, blade, brush, and soap. The shaving stars were aligned, and everything was in equilibrium.

The soap - A&E / The Club - Club Baccara. Scent for the soap is strong off the tub and once lathered. The splash is medium strength wise. Although when combined with the soap, there is alot of scent projection for many hours afterwards. Scent notes listed above.

All I can Is I absolutely enjoyed the combined fragrance of the soap and splash. A beautiful sophisticated oriental scent with sweetness ,citrus, floral, spice, and woods notes. This one has gone straight to my top soaps list for me.
This is the Clubs take on the fragrance- Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540. I have a 5ml decant of this fragrance, and A&E have nailed the scent almost identical. The A&E take of the fragrance is slightly sweeter, from the soap and the dry down has a more burnt sugar note than a more floral woods note from the Rouge 540 fragrance. I am also going to pick my star scent note for this fragrance, and that would be the Buchu I think this green note with its particular sweet herbaceous minty like sulphur scent ties the spice and floral notes together making them as one and no crossover of detected scent variance. This makes the fragrance very smooth to olfactory senses.

I woke up this morning and I could still smell the wonderful fragrance with the woods and spice, and sweetness coming from the clothes basket in the laundry. The scent is powerful with this one. :). The scent from this soap splash combo I would class as unisex, sophisticated, and to be worn all year round. Normally I am strictly a masculine scent wairing person, I am happy to make exceptions for those rare extrodary fragrances such as this one. (y)

Oh, I've easily got enough tree stumps on this property to make a different SOTD pic every day for a few years. I just get lazy and recycle some of the ones closest to the house.

Hoping it doesn't get too cold for you shaving out there in winter!

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 95 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

No magic wave - had to pack the travel kit

Brush:- 19mm "London Made"
Soap:- Wild West Shaving Co. - Black Gold
Razor:- Phoenix - Prismatic 3 Piece- Scalloped Cap
Blade:- Wizamet
Aftershave:- Wild West Shaving Co. - Black Gold

RnrIMj3.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 95 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux
Rawr is a great scent, but I seem to recall you describing it as a summer scent. Are you living at the Top End and didn't tell us? :)

Rawr is a great scent, but I seem to recall you describing it as a summer scent. Are you living at the Top End and didn't tell us? :)
I'm still in Sydney, my whole unit is bloody WARM!!!! and super COZY!!!! so I grab the RAWR!!!! said to myself, to HELL with Autumn and Winter.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soaps Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage British Wilkinson Sword (8)
Post-shave: Stirling Soaps Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soaps Bay Rum EDT

First early morning flight (6:20 departure so 6:00 boarding) and first week with two trips (OOL earlier overnight and now day trip to BNE)

Back in the saddle!

QxgYeHGl.jpg

RAZOR: Comoy's of London 6/8"
CREAM: A&E, Asian Plum
BRUSH: FS Best Badger
STROP: Dovo hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Red

6AX88Te.jpg

After all the hype about A&E I was dissapointed. The soap was watery & weak on the face. It smelt great but the performance was abysmal. I have a bit more of a sample & will try again. I want to like it, but this was not a great experience.

RAZOR: Comoy's of London 6/8"
CREAM: A&E, Asian Plum
BRUSH: FS Best Badger
STROP: Dovo hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Red

6AX88Te.jpg

After all the hype about A&E I was dissapointed. The soap was watery & weak on the face. It smelt great but the performance was abysmal. I have a bit more of a sample & will try again. I want to like it, but this was not a great experience.
Now that's a surprise. I really hated the smell of Asian Plum, but the performance of the base is up with the best of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.