Status
Not open for further replies.

Just arrived today SOTD

Razor-1936 Gillette gold aristocrat deluxe Xmas edition set
Brush-Oumo 26mm Manchurian
Blade-Gillette minora
Soap-No Plunder
Aftershave-Vintage Shulton's old Spice

This razor along with earlier 34 version is the first butterfly razor sets ever made. User grade but I had to have it. No bent teeth and plating there for the most part. Shaving with this was like shaving with an old friend. Effortless and easy shave in auto mode with sublime results. I prefer OC these days and the smoothe shave they provide. This didn't disappoint. Thick knurled handle and quite the heft to it. Slight blade feel but not bitey at all. Easy to see why it's highly regarded. Complete set with blade case a bonus. Think I like this better than my D1 Toggle 😳.

Might shave again in the morning ☺️

They are sensational - my favourite open comb

They are sensational - my favourite open comb

Yup I pulled the pin

Got it at a discount but after deciding what other sets I've bought or missed out on the price sat well. It's not a museum piece but didn't have the price tag of one. The Popular handle knurling similar but the extra size makes it feel so much better.

Beautiful looking razor too. I know if I ever get sick of it then it will sell quickly.

Yup I pulled the pin

Got it at a discount but after deciding what other sets I've bought or missed out on the price sat well. It's not a museum piece but didn't have the price tag of one. The Popular handle knurling similar but the extra size makes it feel so much better.

Beautiful looking razor too. I know if I ever get sick of it then it will sell quickly.
@Chad how does the head compare to Popular?

Essence Razor
AC Pro Guard razor blades
Philemon shaving brush

Paging @RazorPlay you'll LOVE this new Essence style design shavette razor with your favorite Feather Pro Super blade. since you used the Feather AC DX shavette.

Last edited:
Cheers @SpeedyPC but I’ve got the RAD under control for now and it’s hard to justify another blade holder for AC blades, when my Feather is so good…

Having said that I nearly sold it awhile ago as it hasn’t been getting much use. Life is too busy these days for anything more than a few quick passes with the DE. I find myself going for the easy, reliable option as a result.

Still keen to hear how it shaves of course…

Cheers @SpeedyPC but I’ve got the RAD under control for now and it’s hard to justify another blade holder for AC blades, when my Feather is so good…

Having said that I nearly sold it awhile ago as it hasn’t been getting much use. Life is too busy these days for anything more than a few quick passes with the DE. I find myself going for the easy, reliable option as a result.

Still keen to hear how it shaves of course…
Sounds like the poor old Norman Gunston is getting too old (OLD FART) for not keeping up with his Feather AC DX shave, because, he's been getting too many bloody nicks, and to cover that many nicks with only one square sheet of toilet paper.

IMG-20210621-215041.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R95 Birch Barked
Blade: Gillette Minora Stainless (22) - thanks @rhodes96
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Winterfall
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

IMG-20210622-213155.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R95 Birch Barked
Blade: Gillette Minora Stainless (23) - thanks @rhodes96
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Winterfall
Post: Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion + Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Last two shaves have been consistently good. :)

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak brush
Soap/Cream: APR Raconteur soap
Razor: Vintage (replated) Gillette 'Fatboy' (6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword (8)
Post-shave: TSW After Balm
Fragrance: APR Raconteur EDP

I love my bay rum, but this stuff is pretty hot too!

zsuD0uzl.jpg

Last edited:
gWwLNuP.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Cream Castle Forbes Lime
Razor:Merkur Mergress (2.5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Swede (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Pinaud Lime Sec Cologne

Very nice shave.
I had read that the Castle Forbes Lime cream was a very natural freshly cut lime scent; my impression was more of a very pleasant sweet lime scent, reminiscent of a lime icy pole (or iced lolly).
Irrespective; a quality cream and a lovely shave.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: DSC - black/white 24mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Left over soap in the bowl
Razor: Muhle - Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette - Minora Stainless (20)
Post-shave: Razorock - The Dead Sea AS splash / Nivea Men - cream

2 pass WTG = DFS+ daily shave. Used some left over soap in a bowl. Pretty sure it was Razorock - The Dead Sea. Great shave.

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm SynBad
Soap/Cream: D.R. Harris - Windsor - (y)@rhodes96
Bowl: Jilli Spencer
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+.

Early morning shave today, hence the crepuscular light in my pic. I think my Vector has been getting all the love for a couple of weeks, so time for a change. Thought the bowl deserved a mention too, though lately I've been doing a lot of face lathering.

- Gillette Superspeed Red Tip 1955
- Gillette Aussie Spoiler 1984
- Vie-Longue Horse
- Proraso Eucalyptus
- Aqua Velva Musk

Another great shave provided by the Australian steel :D

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie !

Status
Not open for further replies.