Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have one of these “things”?
I got one on loan and think it’s a piece of shit of a thing! It’s made for the trash.
You can't deny they give a really close shave though. Mine was a daily driver for a long time. Eventually sold it to @Ferret619. Come to think of it, we haven't heard from him in a long time, hope he's OK. Maybe he chopped his own head off with the R41... :unsure:

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm SynBad
Soap/Cream: D.R.Harris - Windsor (y)@rhodes96
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+.
COTD: Sulawesi Rante Kapua Torajah

Just a change of blade was all I needed this morning. Picture guaranteed 100% recycled, no electrons harmed etc...

You have one of these “things”?
I got one on loan and think it’s a piece of shit of a thing! It’s made for the trash.

I love my R41, always have from day 1. yes it is very efficient, but when you ride the cap, without pressure (or very little), a sharp blade and an abundance of concentration you will get a very close and smooth shave with plenty of blade feel. Its just not a razor I can use daily, and yes i always shave ATG with the R41

but today, in the interest of science.. i will not go ATG (no promises)

I almost always chase BBS, otherwise I end up going through the day running my hand over my chin or cranium with dissatisfaction. Fortunately, my stubble grows fast enough to accommodate daily WTG, XTG and ATG.

lol i do the exact same thing.. when i hit pure bbs i feel the face throughout the day with a deep sense of satisfaction, theres nothing like a dolphin smooth finish

James is constantly working through the list expediently. Before Christmas would be no issue. Shipping ain’t that bad. It’s just an excuse you keep using to not buy moar soaps!
My name came up within 8 mths so plenty of time to decide on combinations and you can always put it off until you're ready like I did and James will take care of you quickly once you made your mind up. Remember its CAD so very comparable to the AUD in overall price. :)
Or better yet wait to see if one will become available during this years Charity Auction...?

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Semogue - Torga C3
Soap:- Squadron - Red Lead
Razor: ABC Pocket Edition
Blade:- Gillette Super Stainless (13)
Aftershave:- Squadron - Red Lead
Y8QNHgX.jpg

After a very sharp shave and few nicks from the shavette yesterday decided to give straight razor shave a miss today
Nice to loop back through some favourites like Squadron's Red Lead
I've said it before and will probably say it again because I do love the raw simplicity of the ABC - minimalist efficiency

Razor: R41
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: B&M Lavanille
Splash: Nelum Sandalwood Splash

Well there is a first time for everything.. no ATG but it took a lot of willpower to see that through and I have to say quite surprised at the results. Three passes still and no BBS but not far from it. Have to say I don’t mind the result one bit and need to check this out with some of my other razors..... @alfredus the WR2 will be revisited :)

51331921938_d61918b4cd_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.