Rule Britannia

ysJy9ifl.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Proraso Green
Brush: Yaqi 28mm synthetic
Soap: Squadron The Warden
Razor: Lupo 72
Blade: Treet Falcon Carbon Steel (5)
Post-shave: Witch Hazel concoction.

I binned the Falcon after this shave. I was having to work too hard to remove the stubble, but it was still incredibly smooth.

mPo2LTR.jpg

Razor: S.K.Colling and Co - Blue paua shell and barbers notch - 5/8 hollow grind
Honed on latest JNAT - Kyoro Shouhonyama Nakayama Nashiji
Brush: Zenith - Manchurian Badger Shaving Brush - Blue Cobalt Resin Handle - 26mm.
Soap/Aftershave: TABAC + A&E Vanille de Tabac​

IMG-20211204-152011-2.jpg

Brush: Billy Goat Brushworks "Smoke Screen" 26mm Oumo G5
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R95 Birch Bark
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (3) - thanks @rhodes96
Pre: Shower
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co. Emperor Oud sample - thanks @rhodes96
Bowl: Pereira Shaving Unbreakable Lather Bowl
Post: @SpeedyPC A/S Splash Mix // Sukin Hydration Biomarine Facial Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

First time I've heard of this soap maker and although samples really aren't a way to judge a soap but good performance and a pleasant scent.Great results from the hardware and the post shave splash/serum...

Stay Safe (Hydrated) & Happy Shaves!

Qywpeth.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Dscosmetic T4
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver
Razor: Yaqi Raster V3
Blade: Feather Professional PB-20 (2)
Post: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

2nd round with the Raster to see if the 1st time wasn't a fluke. Put o-rings in the 3 top grooves for extra grip but probably wasn't necessary as my fingers spent more time at the rear of the handle. Still a great nimble shave, I think my stubble was extra stiff today, certain angles felt tuggy but a slight adjustment and it still scythed through.

Camping it up...

IMG-20211205-081059.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

Out on the West Coast just for a few days. Keeping it simple doesn't mean I have to rough it... :whistle:

Camping it up...

IMG-20211205-081059.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

Out on the West Coast just for a few days. Keeping it simple doesn't mean I have to rough it... :whistle:

absolutely.. my last attempt involved a self inflating mattress in a stretcher tent, under the awing.. waking to bacon n eggs on the baby Q :cool:

Y SOTD

RR Hawk OC + Rocca R94 handle
Feather Pro Super
TroyCraft Boss Hog
Oumo G5 factory set knot thanks to @Wilkshire13
Tabac
Old Spice Original

initial thoughts on the G5 was very impressive, knot feels amazing and handle beautiful in the hand and to look at so had high hopes. Can build a lather but i need to press quite hard to splay and a very fake feel to it. I think its due to the depth of the knot and diameter its set in have a lot to do with it, not really sure if i go down a synthetic path when badgers and boars are so good.

3rd shave with the hawk and decided on the feather pro super.. in all honesty it was on of the worst feeling shaves i have had. Felt like actual scraping but kept with the first pass as it was a safe WTG, felt like i was scraping my face, tugging and rough feeling but very efficient and where i expected instant razor burn there was none so played on with a XTG and one ATG.

3rd pass i decided to lather with the boar which is still way early into the break in, hairs still straw like but def getting softer tipped.. face was still ok enough to take the boar

passes didnt get much better and i had thought i had done some damage but still none, just ever so slightly a warning that I came very close. To sum it up, nothing but tearing and pulling, no damage and one of the closest results i have every had..

51725732236_001434d8b4_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.