Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Ach.Brito Glyce Classic
Brush: Zenith Synthetic
Soap/Cream: 3P sample
Razor: Raster v3
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (2)
Post-shave: Alum block, RazoRock Problem Solver, L'OREAL Men Expert, Adidas Team Force
Other: Pinaud Eau De Quinine hair tonic
y4mCHkq_r5cLC0s2f7JR1cDV7pTtQRGvM49tLYm-W-igBFsHqVKgRhfQ1m0bAyyQ9o5rDphX80Fdb0EOeYMgpW518idgrap4NO2K2IdBe63Zrw2zzg3dZGpCPWKcxsxHwnDj2NtXqz4GK-VK76sCuLnfso8zCK9_NZ6KQUwCut2s-wdb3at3yfTruHESx4zsuq_

TVVgWVS.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue SOC ‘Mistura’
Soap/Cream: Salt Lake Soaps ‘Persian Lime & Lemongrass’
Razor: Tatara Nodachi
Blade: Gillete Rubie (3)
Post-shave: Alum block, RR Emperor
The Rubie seems to have smoothed out nicely, perhaps assisted by the excellent glide of this soap. It's also one of the few soaps where I can distinguish the
nominated fragrances, which is something!

RR Hawk SE OC + Rocca R96 handle
Chinese no name blade
Omega 100098
Tabac
XXX

big thanks to @Holiday for the RR Hawk SE OC. I had absolutely no intention of going SE but todays shave may of changed that potentially earning him enabler of the year award.

Really didn't have much to shave of this morning after yesterdays shave with the JAWS, but though i would just go for a couple of WTG, XTG passes.. well that was the intention

Loaded up the Hawk with a 'no name Chinese brand' generously provided by holiday. My thought process was to start with the 'worst' blade as things can only get better from there.

Was quite surprised at how efficient this razor was WTG. The shave was smooth, not the smoothest, but certainly nice. Once the WTG and XTG passes were complete, I could of happily stopped there and called it a good shave, not bbs but not too far from it............

........but i just cant bloody help myself and went ATG. Well this went surprisingly well and ended up with BBS, zero irritation and zero nicks/cuts..

Just wondering what you guys think of these no name Chinese blades? maybe @Holiday can chime in with the brand.

Initial overall assessment of the Hawk, very that I am very happy with this razor. Was nice to shave with something different and found the cutting angle to be quite intuitive..

I am pretty sure I am converted (enabled) !!! but in no way will a SE take over and put all other DE's on the bench.. can wait to try the next blades in this beauty

51718323141_16258f9ed5_b.jpg

51717519757_9a78617d5b_c.jpg

51718982904_1a8b429a06_c.jpg

Chinese no name blade
Omega 100098
Tabac
XXX

big thanks to @Holiday for the RR Hawk SE OC. I had absolutely no intention of going SE but todays shave may of changed that potentially earning him enabler of the year award.

Really didn't have much to shave of this morning after yesterdays shave with the JAWS, but though i would just go for a couple of WTG, XTG passes.. well that was the intention

Loaded up the Hawk with a 'no name Chinese brand' generously provided by holiday. My thought process was to start with the 'worst' blade as things can only get better from there.

Was quite surprised at how efficient this razor was WTG. The shave was smooth, not the smoothest, but certainly nice. Once the WTG and XTG passes were complete, I could of happily stopped there and called it a good shave, not bbs but not too far from it............

........but i just cant bloody help myself and went ATG. Well this went surprisingly well and ended up with BBS, zero irritation and zero nicks/cuts..

Just wondering what you guys think of these no name Chinese blades? maybe @Holiday can chime in with the brand.

Initial overall assessment of the Hawk, very that I am very happy with this razor. Was nice to shave with something different and found the cutting angle to be quite intuitive..

I am pretty sure I am converted (enabled) !!! but in no way will a SE take over and put all other DE's on the bench.. can wait to try the next blades in this beauty

51718323141_16258f9ed5_b.jpg

51717519757_9a78617d5b_c.jpg

51718982904_1a8b429a06_c.jpg
Delighted to see you enjoying the Hawk OC first up and that Rocca handle suits it much nicer than the stock handle.

I believe @Gargravarr coined them Chinese No Names and if memory suits me they're available from Westshaving Co for around $8 AUD a 10pk with option of a discount if you buy bulk...?

Only tried them a few times in the Vector and not too bad but in no rush to stock up as rather prefer the proper branded AC blades myself... YMMV

I'm now intrigued to try the OC as curious to see how much blade feel it has compared to the Standard or Vector...? :unsure:

Delighted to see you enjoying the Hawk OC first up and that Rocca handle suits it much nicer than the stock handle.

I believe @Gargravarr coined them Chinese No Names and if memory suits me they're available from Westshaving Co for around $8 AUD a 10pk with option of a discount if you buy bulk...?

The R96 handle is a nice touch
I found the Chinese no-names were good for a week of shaving but did not get to test longevity of the other blades
Interested to see if your skin can cope with using the Hawk OC daily for a few weeks.

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Shavemac - 26mm Unique Silvertip
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau - Interlinked
Razor: Blackland - Vector Ti
Blade: Schick - Proline (10)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau - Interlinked AS splash & balm

2 Pass WTG + touchups = DFS+.

The soap, spalsh, balm Phoneix & Beau - Interlinked.

"A distinct scent inspired by the interconnectedness of nature, Interlinked is a rich and full accord. It has top notes of citrus, a soft black pepper heart, opulent musk's, and a smooth bottom of warm woods. It is a versatile scent that can be enjoyed any time of the year."

Yes I am picking up most of the scent notes listed above with the specific mention to cedar, and white musk, could also have a some lavender. It is a softer more mellow slightly sweet scent with musk being the tying in scent note that it prominent on the dry down. A light to medium fragrance strength for all three products typical of P&B products. The balm might have some synthetic cooling agent. Fantastic post shave of the soap, very hydrated skin without being greasy. (y)Wish more artisans would stop overdoing the butters in the race for best postshave.

The R96 handle is a nice touch
I found the Chinese no-names were good for a week of shaving but did not get to test longevity of the other blades
Interested to see if your skin can cope with using the Hawk OC daily for a few weeks.

I also added the WR2 BP handle to it, the RR BP handle, Timeless BP handle, a yaqi brass I have and all Rocca handles. They all gave the head a different feel (in the hand) so looking forward to trying the hawk with them all.. my other favourite was the rocca in general for weight, feel and balance with the R95 being the favourite

I think I saw the name Tyrael mentioned in the small print in an Alibaba or maybe an AliExpress listing, but if the manufacturer isn't game to put their name on their product, then neither shall I. :unsure::whistle:
Yeah I recall seeing in one of the US Forums somebody mentioning that they were knock off Feather or Kai's but not sure as didn't find them too sharp and as smooth as a Proline but as @Holiday pointed out they didn't really keep beyond a few shaves...

Status
Not open for further replies.