Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
[url=https://postimg.cc/SY99TLsb][/URL]

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Osma Preshave Oil
Brush: SOC Badger
Soap: Acca Kappa Muschio Bianco
Razor: Ralph Aust 4/6
Post-shave: A couple of squirts of Acca Kappa EDP into some Thayers splashed onto my face:)

This soap is just as impressing with the straight as it was with the Blackland Vector. The thick creamy lather and its slickness , to me, is quite similar to MDC (and it's half the price).

**[Dec. 18, 2021](

* **Brush:** Declaration Grooming Go Beyond B13
* **Razor:** ATT Windsor CM1
* **Blade:** Ladas (1)
* **Lather:** [Chatillon Lux - Weinstrasse - Soap](https://trythatsoap.com/collection/1455/?product_type=soap)

* **Post Shave:** [Noble Otter - Northern Elixir - Aftershave](https://trythatsoap.com/collection/851/?product_type=aftershave)

This Ladas blade didn’t do it for me today. It was one and done for him. I think there are 2 blades left which will go to whoever I sell the next something to as a freebie.

Ain’t worth wasting time of crappy blades that don’t suit me.

#THEWHISKERWACKER

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vie-Long 22mm Brown Horse Hair
Soap:- GEO.F.Trumper's - Spanish Leather
Razor:- Solingen - Wacker 6/8 with Blonde Horn Scales
Aftershave:- Santa Maria Del Fiore Lozione Dopo-Barba By RazoRock

v8ZRLZH.jpg

Very impressive first shave with Wacker and edge honed by Maggards
The Wacker was very easy to navigate around the face
2 x WTG = DFS+​

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: DG - Cygnus X1
Razor: Blackland - Vector Ti
Blade: Schick - Proline (15)
Post-shave: DG Cygnus X1 AS splash / A&E skin food nourshing cream

2 pass WTG + touchups = DFS+.
After 15 shaves on the proline, time to rest this blade. Still smooth, although the efficiency has dropped off. Will give the blade a second life in my Kamisori for face and head tidy ups.

I started this week working my way through my English M7DS, first with Gillette foam to see how it performed.
full
That lasted all of three days. For the rest of the week, I returned to civilization and tallow Tabac face lathered.

This morning I finished with my Sunday SR. For maintenance, I used my new 0.1μm mini diamond paste balsa strop. All worked beautifully.
full

17 December
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- EJDE89 with MR11 Bulldog Handle / Gillette Nacet #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Summer for Men 2013

19 December
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- EJDE89 with MR11 Bulldog Handle / Gillette Nacet #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Summer for Men 2013

Rise of the Empire (including Clone War's) book 2 of 56
51DvJ-M4dQL._SX312_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

YFIQhF1l.jpg

Won’t be a whole lot longer until this soap is finished. It’s been great to use.

Not sure I’ve posted the Gen 2 Wild West here before. It used to have a tuxedo knot which I steamed out so I could put a 26mm Oumo Lotus in. This handle now has a knot it deserves!

Been ages and ages since using the Rockwell. It’s a solid razor but it’s looks seem to let it down. Some say it’s industrial, which it is, but it gets the job done.

Ended with some B&M Citricuya splash and a spray of HoM Jitterbug.

Two and bit days of work to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.