Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
hk0w5X7.jpg

Rex Ambassador @3 / Polsilver
Shave Forge 24mm SHD Silvertip Badger
Ethos Greenfresh Premium Soap & Skin Food Splash

We’re having a bit of a typhoon here in the Philippines but luckily we live north of the storm track so we’re just getting the outer heavy rain bands. …perfect for an outdoor rain shower by the meadow at the back of the house (just a cow and an egret for company), and followed by an outdoor shave in rain water rather than the usual cold well water.

Pre-shave: heavy rain shower
Soap: Meissner Tremonia Wild Oranges
Brush: Semogue Mistura
Razor: Tatara Muramasa (setting 4)
Blade: Nacet (3)
Post-shave: Thayers & Guerlain Vetiver
Shave quality: Perfect!

ggEYq5R.jpg

Razor: Wolfman Ti WR2 1.05
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Declaration Grooming B14 Blood of Kings 2.0 Jefferson
Soap: Declaration Grooming Massacre of The Innocent’s
EDP: Herod by Parfums De Marly

Scott did an amazing job with MoTI, very similar to Herod.
04fiEUD.jpg

IMG-20211217-201117-2.jpg

Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor: Leaf Razor
Blade: Wizamet SI (x3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Blue Devil Lust
Post: Blue Devil Lust Balm // Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum
Head Shave = BBS

A post work head shave and very enjoyable barring some mild tenderness on the crown area as I nurse some sunburn.

The Soverign fibres in the T3 knot remind me of a Tuxedo as dense and springy but also soft and a great lather machine.

The stand out has to be the soap as delivers such wonderful performance and post shave feel with a truly wonderful Old Spice inspired scent.

Received the matching balm today and early impressions are that it feels like sunburn cream out of the tub but is non greasy and absorbs well leaving my head and face fully hydrated. The stronger scent brings a smile to my dial and if I'm lucky I hope to add a matching splash as Lust gets a big tick of approval from the misses... :love:

Keep up the awesome work @CraigE as the balm is a real winner! (y)

Pre-empting tomorrow morning as I will not have time to post a pic then - off to Tassie!

fqvhOKgl.jpg

We’re having a bit of a typhoon here in the Philippines but luckily we live north of the storm track so we’re just getting the outer heavy rain bands. …perfect for an outdoor rain shower by the meadow at the back of the house (just a cow and an egret for company), and followed by an outdoor shave in rain water rather than the usual cold well water.

Wow, that sounds really evocative and lovely. Great to see stories like this. (y) I love bush shaves, but Tasmanian rain can be somewhat... bracing. :eek:

Showering in the rain is a wonderful sensation and monsoonal rains provide plenty of opportunity
Wow, that sounds really evocative and lovely. Great to see stories like this. (y) I love bush shaves, but Tasmanian rain can be somewhat... bracing. :eek:

7uQ4urw.png

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson - 90th Anniversary Astor Super Badger 84/90
Soap:- Le Pere Lucien - Le Savon du Barbier
Razor:- Haircut & Shave Co. N075
Blade:- Gillette - Nacet (2)
Aftershave:- Le Pere Lucien - Lotion du Barbier

ehf2rcv.jpg

Wonderful scrub from the Astor 22mm Super Badger

Pre-empting tomorrow morning as I will not have time to post a pic then - off to Tassie!

fqvhOKgl.jpg
Safe travels and enjoy the scenery as Tassie's on my bucket list for places to visit in the Land of Oz! (y) By the way, classy set up, especially that brush... :eek:

RAZOR: Thiers Issard 7/8"
CREAM: Jack the Barber
BRUSH: Maggards synthetic knot
STROP: Black Beauty double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Jimmy Choo Mann
ao6wK8lh.jpg

Jimmy Choo Mann is too sweet, fruity, and lavender to my nose :yuck::wtf: the scent can smell too much girly like a drag queen, however, there's a nice pleasant smell of musky and leather in the background.

Weekend shave...

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art " Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge (Valobra)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, C&S Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
COTD: Mocha Java (Yemen Mocha Ismaili, Java Kawah Ijen)

Weekend shave...

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art " Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge (Valobra)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, C&S Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
COTD: Mocha Java (Yemen Mocha Ismaili, Java Kawah Ijen)
Does your wife ever gets a headache from you smelling lavender?

Status
Not open for further replies.