Status
Not open for further replies.
z2Kqc6Al.jpg

Soap: C&B Black Rose
Brush: Vie-Long Black Horse American Barber Style
Razor: Peerless
Scout Trooper by Ms Pbgoose

"Soap: C&B Black Rose "
Where is that sourced from? My Google searches turn up zilch on this number...
Sorry @bernie01 , it’s a teaser. That’s my label. Will be working on the web site over the next couple of months so hopefully then they will be found on a Google search. I think that was my intention at the beginning of this year too but hopefully 2022 will be the year.

ThaFujD.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue SOC ‘Mistura’
Soap/Cream: Salt Lake Soaps ‘Persian Lime & Lemongrass’
Razor: Fatip Grande
Blade: Gillete Silver Blue (1)
Post-shave: Alum block, RR Emperor, Armaf ‘Club de Nuit’
Time to give this little champion a run, not too much blade feel and on the milder side but great for a quick 'no fuss, no risk' shave. The Salt Lake soap continues to impress!
Been a long time since I've used a GSB but surely a classic; a very enjoyable shave.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Acqua Di Parma Colonia soap
Razor: Vintage Schick Krona
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Krona (1)
Post-shave: Acqua Di Parma Colonia splash
Fragrance: Acqua Di Parma Colonia EDC

Great to be back home with this setup -

LXoqYkvl.jpg

Mind you, the difference walking this morning (compared to the temp where I was yesterday at the same time this morning) !

xHQEzodm.png
rjsjQJXm.png

Spent the whole of last night and most of today faffing around with my internet that was not working on my return when unpaused - SOOOOO frustrating and now using a temporary solution with a different modem. Technology is great until it is not ...

sample.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm Boss
Soap: MdC Rose sample - Thanks @Hos (y)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, Avène Sunscreen Aqua-Fluid SPF50+, C&S Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
COTD: Genuine Mocha Java (Yemen Mocha Ismaili, Java Kawah Ijen)

MdC Rose has been on my radar for a long time, and this generous sample (plus a couple of others) from @Hos arrived just in time this morning for a lazy late shave. It's everything I hoped for, a nice slick lather and a lovely light true rose fragrance. I have an appointment with Vshod in the next couple of weeks anyway, so it was great to be able to try this one first. This sample is plenty to keep me going for the next few days, so I'm going to do exactly that. (y)

Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Acqua Di Parma Colonia soap
Razor: Vintage Schick Krona
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Krona (2)
Post-shave: Acqua Di Parma Colonia splash
Fragrance: Acqua Di Parma Colonia EDC

Not sure if it is the razor or blade, but a little rough again. Hmmm, rest was nice though!

LXoqYkvl.jpg

[url=https://postimg.cc/30pY1JB1][/URL]

New soap today with new to me vintage razor honed on (also new to me) vintage soft and hard Arks:). The stones are convexed (purchased from The Superior Shave).

The razor is a Solingen made Dubl Duck Special no.1. There was some rust on the blade near the edge. I think I was a bit overzealous in sanding the rusty bit and ended up with some pitting near the bevel. Nonetheless it has turned into a decent shaver after the hone. The shave was OK but I further honed after the shave, hopefully I've managed to make it sharper for the next shave.

IMG-20211230-172149-2.jpg

Brush: TROYCRAFT Rainbow Falls 28mm 2 Band Badger Fan
Razor: Leaf Razor
Blade: Wizamet SI (x 3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Declaration Grooming / Mammoth Soaps Cerberus sample - thanks @rhodes96
Bowl: Pereira Shaving Unbreakable Lather Bowl
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

Enjoying some R&R from work so been lazy with the shaves/posts so what better time than today to have a quick head/face shave.
Sadly the last of the samples I received from @rhodes96 and of the bunch I really enjoy Mammoth and declaration Grooming and this collaboration works and smells fantastically!!!

Happy New Year - Sabbatical 2022!!! :)

Brush: @TroyTools 'Platypig' Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Vitos Menthol & Eucalyptus croap
Razor: Vintage Gilette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Krona (3)
Post-shave: TSW After Balm
Fragrance: N/A

Time for some menthol!

qf00KvPl.jpg

X1pteHz.jpeg

/ Yaqi Moka Express
/ Yaqi Raster V3
/ Blue Devil Tropical Colada
/ Feather Professional (5) or (6)
/ Nivea Skin and Stubble

The Tropical Colada was fitting for the warm night. I lost track of how many shaves I've had with the Feather Pro but it was starting to tug on 3rd ATG pass. Flipped it over and it did all right. Maybe can eke out one more shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.