The finished products sticky

IMG-20211224-215616-2.jpg

I take my hat off too you sir. We done.

Finished the year and finished -

Fuvzt68l.jpg

Thanks for the PIF some time ago to a generous member here.

I have to admit that when I opened up this page and saw @Mark1966 had finished something, while waiting for the image to load, I was almost hoping it was his Weini he’d finished.

Alas, we do not get 2 identical soaps in a row…
5OWdRfJl.jpg

Unless he can hammer his Weini super fast over the coming days….

Me again!

Is this becoming a habit?

xbcgpcXl.jpg

Lots of memories around this splash. I was going to the US on a work trip and there were no complete sets of any product I wanted on the Chatillon Lux website. I contacted Shawn to see the timings on restocks of some items and he offered to put together some 'leftover' he had into this bottle, charge me a little less and slap a label on it - thus his -

Ys4YKVim.jpg
8btfyCEm.jpg

Really appreciated him going out of his way to pull something together for me like this.

Now to use my 'normal' bottle I picked up somewhere!

A puck of Col Conk Lime. My new 30mm Yaqi was great for eating through it. Not something I would buy again but it wasn't that bad either once dialled in, which required a lot of soap (at the price, who cares?) and a narrow moisture window. Not great at anything but still quite acceptable overall...

@Razor Burn it's a real shame that wolfpac isn't around, I have silk road to still work through but how was the ice pack?
I agree @mark123abc0 as Wolfpac was one of the first Aussie made soaps I tried and performance wise it was good. No scent to speak of as heavily mentholated but not too overwhelming and if you've tried Snake Bite from Fine I'd rate it similar but not as eye wateringly strong.

Looks like I'm the first for February...

IMG-20220211-130539.jpg

We don't see many milled soaps in this thread, so time for a change. This was part of my "Sabbatical care pack" of goodies from @rhodes96 last year, and it really hit the spot. So while this puck may be gone, I have already bought a refill. I just hope DRH don't get bought out or shut down, as there aren't too many of the really superb hard soaps left, especially in Britain. So thanks again @rhodes96, this was a princely gift in every way. (y)

This one is DONE!

0Od6KUpm.jpg
7c68qjSm.jpg
Looks like I'm the first for February...

IMG-20220211-130539.jpg

We don't see many milled soaps in this thread, so time for a change. This was part of my "Sabbatical care pack" of goodies from @rhodes96 last year, and it really hit the spot. So while this puck may be gone, I have already bought a refill. I just hope DRH don't get bought out or shut down, as there aren't too many of the really superb hard soaps left, especially in Britain. So thanks again @rhodes96, this was a princely gift in every way. (y)

@Mark1966, @Gargravarr, @Razor Burn you three are absolute soap finishing machines.:)
I don't know how you guys finish soaps so quick?

I have been shaving away every 2nd shave for the last 6 weeks in an effort to finish a tub of A&E Khalifa. I have used this same tub regularly for a while back in Australia. Although I have defiantly made a visible dohnut, I am nowhere near the end of the tub and expect at least another 6 weeks to 2 months before I can post here finally.

@Mark1966, @Gargravarr, @Razor Burn you three are absolute soap finishing machines.:)
There's a secret to it: you have to tell yourself you love the soap deeply, and never want it to be gone. That way, it'll decline to oblige and it'll be finished in no time. If the soap suspects you hate it, it'll last forever.

No charge... (y)

I have been shaving away every 2nd shave for the last 6 weeks in an effort to finish a tub of A&E Khalifa. I have used this same tub regularly for a while back in Australia. Although I have defiantly made a visible dohnut, I am nowhere near the end of the tub and expect at least another 6 weeks to 2 months before I can post here finally.

Look back over this thread - I barely post!

Thanks for the compliment but I believe @tim33z is also a soap killing machine as he tends to post when he finishes a tub?!

No big secret as I tend to just use the one soap each shave with excessive loading resulting in enough lather for multiple passes. Its just soap and made to be enjoyed so no worries if I make a mess lathering/loading as MOAR reason to add new soaps to the den... Except this year as Sabbatical 2022! ;)