cYYm4wh.jpg
Nice benchtop! Goes well with the GF II

Pre: Proraso red pre-shave cream
Brush: "Rescued" TF Customs handle
Soap: Henri et Victoria - Terre d'Henri
Razor: Asylum, Evolution
Blade: Gillette minora #1
After: Alum block, Henri et Victoria - Terre d'Henri Balm, APR Acqua Di Sydney

This was a broken hybrid burl/resin brush handle that was in the box of scraps I got from Tony last year.
So for the practice of the exercise, some careful measuring and cutting saw a resin knot socket added to where there once was burl.
Fitted a synthetic knot as I wasn't sure if this repair would hold, but so far, so good.
Waste not want not. Now I have a really nice brush handle, with some heritage.

There's so little soap left in this container now I have to scoop it out with a spoon. Almost finished.
vsAWRXa.jpg

Is this APR the next tub to be killed off? :unsure::p
Looks like it, the trouble is APR hasn't been in business for ages since the beginning of the pandemic.

Yes I'm down to my last dozen or so soaps with a decent collection of local artisans that are no longer active which makes things difficult as I really need to use up older stock yet the APR, Squadron, Shaver Heaven soaps hold a special place in the collection and are some of my favourite to use.

Yes I'm down to my last dozen or so soaps with a decent collection of local artisans that are no longer active which makes things difficult as I really need to use up older stock yet the APR, Squadron, Shaver Heaven soaps hold a special place in the collection and are some of my favourite to use.

I've taken the view now that they are just soaps. I will use and enjoy while I have them, and move on others when I don't!

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm Boss
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Nordost
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

I thought I might like this soap better in the colder months, but nope. Story of my life when it comes to B&M; they produce arguably the best artisan soap base of all, but I always find they're let down by their scents, I always find they're a bit overblown. This one is no exception, I really wanted to like it, having tried in vain to obtain it a few years ago. So out it goes...

Edit: Today is Towel Day. So...
Towelday-Innsbruck.jpg

Last edited:
1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm Boss
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Nordost
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

I thought I might like this soap better in the colder months, but nope. Story of my life when it comes to B&M; they produce arguably the best artisan soap base of all, but I always find they're let down by their scents, I always find they're a bit overblown. This one is no exception, I really wanted to like it, having tried in vain to obtain it a few years ago. So out it goes...

Edit: Today is Towel Day. So...
Towelday-Innsbruck.jpg
I really wanted to like Nordost too :(

42 is exactly what I was taking about with B&M scents. If the pan-galactic gargleblaster is the best drink in the galaxy, it's a bit sad that all B&M can come up with is lemon soda... :rolleyes:

True, but then, how do you come up with a scent that only exists in the mind of a writer? and this is coming from a massive Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan (we won't mention the American's version of the movie though).

I really like the Nordost scent in the soap but find that the balm can be a little sickly after a while. I couldn't get a hold of the splash but I'd image that it would be quite similar to the balm.

42 is exactly what I was taking about with B&M scents. If the pan-galactic gargleblaster is the best drink in the galaxy, it's a bit sad that all B&M can come up with is lemon soda... :rolleyes:
I don't think your wife will enjoy the scent of B&M 42 whale vomit :vomit:

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson boar Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: 3P shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gilette L1 'Slim' (6)
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (4)
Post-shave: AoS Sandalwood balm
Fragrance: N/A

My wife was on a trip to the US a few years back and was in Union Station in San Francisco, saw an AoS shop and grabbed this balm for me. Sometimes it is not the product but the story.

YRYooiSl.jpg

wKg2zwNl.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Towel
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Oceano
Razor: 1958 Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Gillette Minora
Soap: B&M Fern
Post-shave: 18 Bones Post Shave Butter Mist and B&M Fern

First ever shave with a Gillette Fat Boy and it won't be the last. What a fantastic and smooth shaving razor. I understand now why they are so sort after. Also my first time using Minora blades, so thank you @Wilkshire13 for the freebies when I bought the Wild West Brushworks Oceano from you. I managed to pry it out of my wife's hands for at least one shave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.