Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a new Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 SR a few days ago. I bought this SR because I wanted to try something.

Yesterday I thined the spine down by about 0.8mm (0.4mm each side) to reduce the factory-set bevel angle of about 18.6°. After thinning and honing, the bevel was 17.2°.

This morning was the shave test of all my work. All went well and this blade's edge performed quite well.

The edge wasn't quite up to what I was expecting so I will shave with this SR for the next few days, puting it through a full balsa progression after each shave. Once no further improvement is noticed, I should be satisfied with this SR.

full

I would like this SR to shave about as well as my T.R. Cadman "Bengall" ¾ SRs that have a similar bevel angle.

SOTD – 25 MAY 2022

Aussie Wednesday with featured soap Saltlake Soaps- Attitude. SaltLake Soaps are based in Queensland, Boreen Point on Lake Cootharaba in the Noosa Hinterlands. Part of the Noosa river tidal system the water is salty hence the name Salt Lake Soaps. Attitude I believe is a homage to “Giorgio Armani Attitude”, scent described as: “Sharp and intense with unique notes of lemon, coffee, cardamom and lavender, this heady fragrance is finished off with base notes of cedar wood, patchouli and amber.” The soaps come in 185g tubs that cost $25 which is “Awesome” value in my Bang-for-Buck guide.

SOTD-20220525-setup.png

Shave Result: Scooped out a half tea spoon of soap from the jar (about 3.5g) and squashed it in the bottom of my lathering bowl. Then proceeded with my normal lathering method and produced a medium density lather. I rate this soap a Tier 2 performer and excellent value. From the lather I get a manly blend of lemon citrus, wood and floral aroma, scent strength 5/10. The 96R with the Wizamet blade gave a mild and smooth DFS, excellent result.

🎥Shave VIDEO🎥

THE GEAR:

+ Pre Shave: Nak Close Brushless Shave Cream (A)
+ Brush: Blue Devil Shave Co “Blackheart Sassafras” with Yaqi 24mm Plisson (A)
+ Soap: SaltLake Soaps - “Attitude”(A)
+ Bowl: Whisper from the Woods (A)
+ Razor: Parker 96R TTO
+ Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with menthol
+ Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave (A)
+ After Shave: Malizia UOMO
+ Moisturiser: Sukin for Men Facial Moisturiser (A)
(A) = Australian Made

Nice, I've always liked the look of the Blue Beards Revege shavette. It's been one of those things I've been meaning to buy for years and never got around to.
I don't rate it very highly. Thankfully, this one isn't mine so I don't have to live with it.

Pre: Proraso red pre-shave cream
Brush: "Rescued" TF Customs handle
Soap: Henri et Victoria - Terre d'Henri
Razor: Asylum, Evolution
Blade: Gillette minora #1
After: Alum block, Henri et Victoria - Terre d'Henri Balm, APR Acqua Di Sydney

This was a broken hybrid burl/resin brush handle that was in the box of scraps I got from Tony last year.
So for the practice of the exercise, some careful measuring and cutting saw a resin knot socket added to where there once was burl.
Fitted a synthetic knot as I wasn't sure if this repair would hold, but so far, so good.
Waste not want not. Now I have a really nice brush handle, with some heritage.

There's so little soap left in this container now I have to scoop it out with a spoon. Almost finished.
vsAWRXa.jpg
Lovely work on that handle.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Frank Shaving - Jade 23mm Pure Badger
Soap:- Stirling - Arkadia
Razor:- Haircut & Shave Co. N075
Blade:- Cloud (6)
Aftershave:- Stirling - Arkadia

IrhcUmk.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Boar/Badger Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: 3P shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gilette L1 'Slim' (6)
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (5)
Post-shave: AoS Sandalwood balm
Fragrance: Miller Harris Feuilles De Tabac

Added another little something extra today.

Ynucx7kl.jpg

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm Boss
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Nordost
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

I thought I might like this soap better in the colder months, but nope. Story of my life when it comes to B&M; they produce arguably the best artisan soap base of all, but I always find they're let down by their scents, I always find they're a bit overblown. This one is no exception, I really wanted to like it, having tried in vain to obtain it a few years ago. So out it goes...

I've been using Nordost all week now (I rotate my soaps/scents weekly) and as much as I love the scent, today's it's got so sickly sweet that I'll be putting it away for a few months. I've got to the stage where I couldn't handle it another day :ROFLMAO:

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm Boss
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

WR2 1.25
Nacet
TroyCraft 24mm 2-Band Badger
MdC Argumes
Don Marco Splash

forgive me father for it has been a whole week since my last shave!!!!

not sure what's wrong with me but I def don't shave daily anymore.. usually every 2-3 days but this time it has been a good week.. I still thoroughly enjoy the shaving process and this shave was no exception.

52101821701_94a288ffa4_b.jpg

WR2 1.25
Nacet
TroyCraft 24mm 2-Band Badger
MdC Argumes
Don Marco Splash

forgive me father for it has been a whole week since my last shave!!!!

not sure what's wrong with me but I def don't shave daily anymore.. usually every 2-3 days but this time it has been a good week.. I still thoroughly enjoy the shaving process and this shave was no exception.

52101821701_94a288ffa4_b.jpg
Good to see you back and posting as was starting to worry you had forgotten us...? :giggle:

SOTW 24/05 - 27/05/2022
IMG-20220526-194046.jpg

Brush: Troycraft Rainbow Falls 28mm 2 Band Finest Fan
Razor: Maggard V3A + MR11 handle
Blade: Gillette Yellow (3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Velours Noir LE
Post: Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free Moisturising Lotion
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

Some really enjoyable shaves using this setup as the V3A pairs well with the Yellow blade with the only let down being the efficiency as I begin to see decent regrowth by lunchtime but a smooth shave nonetheless.

I had to follow @SpeedyPC with his post shave recommendation and although on the pricey end, the lotion works well as non-greasy and leaves the skin super hydrated for the whole day. (y)

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

SOTW 24/05 - 27/05/2022
IMG-20220526-194046.jpg

Brush: Troycraft Rainbow Falls 28mm 2 Band Finest Fan
Razor: Maggard V3A + MR11 handle
Blade: Gillette Yellow (3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Velours Noir LE
Post: Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free Moisturising Lotion
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

Some really enjoyable shaves using this setup as the V3A pairs well with the Yellow blade with the only let down being the efficiency as I begin to see decent regrowth by lunchtime but a smooth shave nonetheless.

I had to follow @SpeedyPC with his post shave recommendation and although on the pricey end, the lotion works well as non-greasy and leaves the skin super hydrated for the whole day. (y)

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!
That’s why I prefer the Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free Moisturising Lotion throughout the winter season, you can still use the aftershave Speedy mix, and apply the moisturising cream an hour before bed or an hour after the Speedy mix aftershave.

The Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free Moisturising Lotion is cheaper and goes very long way throughout winter for a 354ml pump plastic bottle is great value for money.

You can get a litre size Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free Moisturising Lotion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.