Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1,000th SR shave!

For this milestone in my SR shaving journey I decided to go back in time and shave with my first real straight razor, the brush I then used and the same shaving cream.
  • Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 dressed in Madagascan mahogany scales
  • Mϋhle Classic medium badger hair brush
  • Proraso green cream (not my original)
The SR had not been re-honed for well over two years, having been maintained on diamond pasted balsa only. Believing the my honing skills may have improved a little since then, I decided to joint the edge and start all over again. This time I set the bevel on 3k and progressed through 8k and 10k before the Cnat for initial finishing. At each step I was checking my work with a USB microscope to ensure that all the striate from the previous whetstone had been removed. From the Cnat, I went to a full diamond pasted balsa strop progression.

Usually a full honing job from bevel-set to my shave-ready takes me about 30 to 45 minutes. This honing job took me well over an hour. I wanted the best edge that I could get on this SR before my momentous 1,000th.

full

I was not disappointed. Oh my, how my SR shaving technique has improved over 1,000 daily SR shaves!

Interesting looking razor - is it as small as it looks?
Interesting looking razor - is it as small as it looks?
"The 2021 Limited Edition Sailor Series Razor will weigh in at a slimmed down 136g and will have an 75mm handle. The adjustment mechanism is a continuous adjustment (no set clicks) so that you can dial it into the exact level of aggression that you desire. It is marked with an M and an A (for aggressive and mild) so that you can get your bearings but in reality, you can actually go two full turns past A if you are feeling especially adventurous."

Qqcv975.png

RAZOR: Rocnel 2021 Sailor Series Adjustable @3
BLADE: Personna
BRUSH: RazoRock 400 Aluminum 24mm Plissoft Synthetic
LATHER: RazoRock XXX Italian Shaving Soap
$490 USD for a bloody Rocnel 2021 Sailor Series Adjustable :wideyed::jawdrop::nailbiting::shifty::depressed:

IMG-20220906-082007.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Seaforth! Heather - Thanks @Wilkshire13(y)
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

Same again. If it's worth doing once, it's worth doing twice. Actually, there's enough left of this sample to do me for tomorrow as well, so I'm happy with that :)

NDgjr61.jpeg

SOTN 06.09.22
/ Yaqi Deep Stones Boss
/ Oleo Soapworks Livin Live in 5
/ Schick Krona
/ Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
/ The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

T'was perfect on WTG. Alas, ATG the Krona could not tame the BIC, was a little rough and I put that down to thinking I could get closer with the angle. Gave myself a few nicks for that.

NDgjr61.jpeg

SOTN 06.09.22
/ Yaqi Deep Stones Boss
/ Oleo Soapworks Livin Live in 5
/ Schick Krona
/ Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
/ The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

T'was perfect on WTG. Alas, ATG the Krona could not tame the BIC, was a little rough and I put that down to thinking I could get closer with the angle. Gave myself a few nicks for that.
I find the Schick Krona too light for me, gives me too many nicks and cuts no matter what blade I used.

H- SOTD 07.09.22

Pre-shave:- Hot shower
Brush:- Grizzly Bay w/ Fanchurian knot
Soap:- Stirling - Frozen Tundra
Razor: Leaf
Blade: Wizamet - Super Iridium
Moisturiser: Duke Cannon - Ice cold

5-C0905-BF-847-F-4-BA1-9-A25-EE9-F281-B3-F2-B.jpg

Quick shave tonight. 2 passes with the Leaf. Ran with a menthol theme. Left with a very BBS feel!!!

C

Straight shave tonight with an overhydrated airy lather. Nice and slick but not the consistency I am aiming for
QQRBrae.jpg

2020 - DC Blades 8/8” P&C TKM 2020 straight razor and matching brush
2020 - DC Blades Custom Kangaroo & Cotton Strop
2019 - Limited Edition Paste & Cut Shaving Bowl (Grey)
2018 - One of a kind Squadron Soap Splash & Soap
bh8Gjzy.png

gFSFSrc.png

RAZOR: Blackland Vector Polished Stainless Steei
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: Elite Razor Fire & Ice 24mm Manchurian White
LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Shaving Soap

Did you buy the last of the Spitfire splash? I got on the West Coast Shaving website yesterday to order some and it's the only P&B splash they have that's gone.

Did you buy the last of the Spitfire splash? I got on the West Coast Shaving website yesterday to order some and it's the only P&B splash they have that's gone.

... but you cannot order alchohol based splashes from overseas! Luckily, ...

Evidently I must have done. Now I feel so guilty. :confused:

... it seems that Klinker has your back :)

How did you find it mate? Enjoy the Spitfire?

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: APR General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Post-shave: APR General Ledger splash
Fragrance: APR General Ledger EDP

Seems an APR kinda week ...

a7xWRpFl.jpg

Evidently I must have done. Now I feel so guilty. :confused:

No need for guilt, it's my fault for waiting so long :LOL::LOL::LOL:

... but you cannot order alchohol based splashes from overseas! Luckily, ...

... it seems that Klinker has your back :)

I've asked them to notify me when back in stock. Because it's alcohol based, I have to have it posted to a mate in Canada and she'll send it on to me.

After 26 years in the Navy, I have a world wide network of friends :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.