Not open for further replies.
52005820233_d48ae09a1e_c.jpg

Prep: Shower + Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser
Brush: Maggards 24mm Synth
Razor: Karve CB, brass SB-C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Mélange - Soap
Post Shave: The @SpeedyPC aftershave mix + Nivea Balm
Fragrance: Tauer - L'Air Du Desert Marocain EDT (sample from Mensbiz)

Cold and rainy day here, so I figured it was a good time to really get into Mélange by B&M. I think it's the third time or so I've used it and very happy with it. I look forward to using it a lot this winter.

Have a great Easter holiday everyone!

Whipped up a nice lather there @MadFlava81

From Monday to Thursday this week I have been shaving with my Ralf Aust 6/8 American point. I wanted to see if I could improve the edge on this SR even further than what it already was. To do this, I put it through a full diamond pasted balsa strop progression before each shave.

full

Monday gave me a baseline to work from. The full balsa strop progression for Tuesday produced an edge that was a slight improvement on the fool's pass. Wednesday with another full balsa strop progression showed no noticeable improvement. To confirm this, another full balsa strop progression and shave on Thursday was the same result as Wednesday.

This SR had reached the peak that I could take it to. It was then put through my normal 1.0um hanging balsa strop maintenance, Ren waxed and put away for a Dovo rest.

This morning I decided to do the same with my Titan 1918 ACRO T.H.64 (Mahogany scaled) SR. This SR had a few (about half-a-dozen) very light honing scratches on the bevel from the original bevel-set that I gave it before I was more experienced. These light scratches have not affected the shaving experience, however, I decided to get rid of them. Using 5um, 3um and 1um lapping film, the blade was given 10 light laps on each. Those pesky light scratches were gone. (I wish I could as easily get rid of those pesky kids that keep going on my lawn.)

After the light honing on films, I put the ACRO T.H.64 through a full diamond pasted balsa strop progression before clean leather stropping and shaving.

full

The edge on this blade is almost as good as the Ralf Aust yesterday. I will give it another full balsa strop progression and shave with it tomorrow.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Playtpus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (6)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire lotion
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Great start to the cooler months, chocks away!

ZQqfKIAl.jpg

It's not often that the planets align in your favour. They did for me this morning. This morning I again shaved with the Titan 1918 ACRO T.H.64 after putting it through another a full diamond pasted balsa strop progression after yesterday's shave.

I was so surprised. The edge on this SR now exceeds my previous best, the Comoy's of London 6/8. The ACRO T.H.64 glided through the fool's pass and I can honestly say that I did not feel it cut a single whisker! My upper lip was left BBS. The only other edge that has ever done that the same was a new half Feather DE blade in my shavette.

full

Looks like my previous best edge, on the Comoy's (which was well less than half the price), will be relegated permanently to my checked luggage dopp bag.

I will give this ACRO T.H.64 another very light full balsa progression and shave with it tomorrow, just to make sure that it is maxed out.

- Meissner Tremonia Wild Oranges soap
- Zenith 26mm SilverTip
- Mergress XL (3)
- Super Iridium (3)
- Windrose Alum Crystal
- Ariana Evans aftershave balm

I’m always impressed how closely the Merkur Progress shaves. Very smooth and carefree to shave with.

The Windrose Alum Crystal doesn’t get rough like Dr Jon’s etc.
[img]

4KmHcwG.jpg

4KmHcwG.jpeg

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Shower
Brush:- Morris & Forndran 1" Blonde Badger in Natural Horn handle
Soap:- B&M Seville
Razor:- Blackland - Vector
Blade:- Schick - Proline (1)
Post-shave:- B&M Reserve Cool/Blvgari Pour Homme

xKOpv90.jpg

W2IVq22.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse
Razor: Above The Tie S1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword 'Light Brigade' (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Tom Ford Tabacco Vanille EdP (decant)

In my experience with Artisanal shaving lines, it is rare that an aftershave lotion scent improves upon that of the matching soap scent.
But such is the case with A&E's Grecian Horse. The soap scent is really nice, but the aftershave scent is terrific. They most certainly are the same basic scent, but the aftershave scent is just that little bit better. I really like how they have added just enough freshness to the blend to balance the deep rich tones of amber, vanilla and sandalwood. Well done, A&E.
The Tabacco Vanille EdP was a good match for the above.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Playtpus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (7)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars lotion
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars EDP

Hmmm, much better lather from this soap this way!

cj1hH8Fl.jpg

Wow, everybody's taking such exquisite care over their SOTD posts and pics. This is so much fun for a temporary exile. Well done P&C (y)

Just noticed your location - WOW, always wanted to go there!

Status
Not open for further replies.