Kcuq2Ae.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Restored Ever-Ready 150 with 22mm Silvertip Knot
Soap:- GFT -Spanish Leather
Razor:- 1966 Russian Raketa (Rocket)
Aftershave:- RazoRock - Black Label - Classic Barbershop Fougere
Hone:- Coticule

u32YgJK.jpg

Very happy today because I mastered honing a smiling razor that provided an excellent shave including set of gills cut into right cheek
The long thin coticule and thuringian were bought to tackle difficult razors with a smile or twisted blade, and they are proving successful.
Now have another shave ready birthyear straight in the den 🪒 :)
But can you still call it a straight razor if it has a smile? :unsure: :p

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Playtpus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gilette 'Fatboy' (6)
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (1)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire splash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Inspired by @Nanook's use of the Spitfire yesterday I reached for it this morning - so glad I did!

3jv0SJRl.jpg

Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Playtpus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (1)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire splash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Inspired by @Nanook's use of the Spitfire yesterday I reached for it this morning - so glad I did!

3jv0SJRl.jpg

P&B Spitfire was the first artisan soap I'd ever used when I turned wet shaving into a hobby instead of a daily chore.

This might sound crazy, but apart from having the Spitfire aircraft as an object of fascination ever since I was a boy, this soap will always be something special to me.

P&B Spitfire was the first artisan soap I'd ever used when I turned wet shaving into a hobby instead of a daily chore.

This might sound crazy, but apart from having the Spitfire aircraft as an object of fascination ever since I was a boy, this soap will always be something special to me.

My original soap was from the very first batch, and it has been a regular since.

Reminds me of a visit to Duxford where they have Spitfires aplenty, the sound of that Merlin engine as it bounces down the grass strip, the helpfulness of @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau in posting some splash to my hotel in London on another trip.

Good times!

Last edited:
52072687347_dd94f96328_b.jpg

Brush: Chisel & Hound 26mm v14 Fanchurian
Razor: Karve CB Brass SB-C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Lather: House of Mammoth - Hygge - Soap
Post Shave: House of Mammoth - Hygge - Balm

I had a glimpse of blue sky in the morning but it turned out to another rainy day here. It’s good to spend some time being lazy at home, and I had a wonderful shave.

Have a great day!

52072687347_dd94f96328_b.jpg

Brush: Chisel & Hound 26mm v14 Fanchurian
Razor: Karve CB Brass SB-C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Lather: House of Mammoth - Hygge - Soap
Post Shave: House of Mammoth - Hygge - Balm

I had a glimpse of blue sky in the morning but it turned out to another rainy day here. It’s good to spend some time being lazy at home, and I had a wonderful shave.

Have a great day!

That brush!

So stylish ...

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Monoi de Tahiti
Razor/Blade:- WEISHI 9306FL Classic Chrome Long Handle / Wizamet SI #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Rise of the Empire (including Clone War's) book 16 of 56
61qAfCroAGL.jpg

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpsons Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: APR Raconteur shaving soap
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (2)
Post-shave: AoS Sandalwood balm
Fragrance: APR Raconteur EDP

OK, big day, calls for a big shave.

Running a 3 day conference this week, which i do every year around this time, but to add some spice this year our CEO has had to bail at the last minute because of a family crisis.

So I'll be on the floor at 7am to check the day is starting well with the team and finishing my final 'formal' role of the day at 10pm after MCing the dinner - before 'working the room' at the after dinner drinks in the bar and making sure that the team all heads off to rest.

Definitely a day that needs the staying power of an APR EDP!

TM2AZYpl.jpg

GrKuGuu.png

RazoRock SS Hawk V3 / Feather Pro
Vintage Made Rite 24mm Oumo 2-band
Fine Snake Bite Shavie Soap & Aftershave

Nice, as always!

Puppy update? How is she settling in?

SOTD – 15 May2022
Sunday, my weekend shave with a bit fun, an Uber-Lather.
Definitions: A Super-Lather is when two or more different soaps/creams recipes are combined together during the Lather build. And an Uber-lather is when Glycerine is added to the Lather build, which can be a single soap lather or multiple soap lather.
The soap combination I’m using for my Uber lather is Blue Devil Peppermint Patch (original vegetal formula) + Proraso White cream + some Glycerine. I was inspired by DoubleAshaves YT vlog last week about mashing two PAA soaps together to form a unique scent (which is also fun) and got me thinking that I have not made a super/uber on video, so today’s the day.

SOTD-20220515-setup.png

Shave Result: First up I squashed a small half teaspoon scoop of Blue Devil soap into my lathering bowl and proceeded to form a paste from the soap. After the paste started to form I then added a dollop of Proraso cream and continue to produce lather adding water as required. Just near the end of the lather build I added a squirt of Glycerine and mixed it into the lather with a bit more water. The resulting lather was a very shiny, rich, dense with yogurt texture. As expected lather performance was top stuff, very slick, protective and awesome residual. The lather aroma is similar to Peppermint Patch so a peppermint with a light floral background and mild cooling menthol, solid 6/10 scent strength. The Merkur gave a lovely mild,smooth, clean and irritation free awesome DFS.

🎥Shave VIDEO🎥

The Gear:
+ Pre Shave: Lather from bowl overflow
+ Brush: Oumo “Pandora” with 28mm LotusTip
+ Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co. - “Peppermint Patch” (original vegetal recipe)
+ Cream: Proraso White cream
+ Bowl: Shaving Scuttles Australia (HG Pottery) XXL Scuttle (A)
+ Razor: Merkur “Blue” (Merkur head with blue handle)
+ Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with menthol
+ Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave (A)
+ After Shave: Blue Stratos AS (A)
+ Moisturiser: Sukin for Men Facial Moisturiser (A)
(A) = Australian Made

Status
Not open for further replies.