Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did promise I would show my Bartmann.

u8Kz9BQ.jpg
zbnNZiL.jpg
You know what I'm talking about ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................ On the far left...... Bastard!

zbnNZiL.jpg
You know what I'm talking about ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................ On the far left...... Bastard!

The curtain? I know, it's neat, but it isn't really silk....

giphy.gif
Have you been drinking again?

As a matter of fact I have, but I am affraid it's got nothing to do with it. That keen and polish sense of humour is part of my natural charm.
Mmmmm, cedarwood and clarysage sounds like it might be a nice smell... :unsure:

Well, let me tell you, it is one of the best scents ever, for me that is. Back when I started wet shaving a friend of mine sent me a sample of the cream, it blew me out of the water. Since then it's always had a place in my cabinet.

Well, let me tell you, it is one of the best scents ever, for me that is. Back when I started wet shaving a friend of mine sent me a sample of the cream, it blew me out of the water. Since then it's always had a place in my cabinet.
Well enabled there my friend, I have placed my order, and karma points to you. (y) It helps that that product is available in an inexpensive travel size.

That's a very sleek looking 1904 Gem razor, hardly see that around online.
Thanks, yeah you don't see many but there are a some to be found in the US. I bought this one a few years ago and since then the au dollar has dropped, the postage has gone up and everything is taxed so much more expensive now. Great, very usable, little razor though.

Thanks, yeah you don't see many but there are a some to be found in the US. I bought this one a few years ago and since then the au dollar has dropped, the postage has gone up and everything is taxed so much more expensive now. Great, very usable, little razor though.
My personal favourite lather catcher its so ornate especially with the wooden black handle. Kicking myself for not buying half decent one for US$35 and the buyer now has it advertised for US$99

DeGqR5E.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- MASETO Himalaya 24mm Extra Density Silvertip Badger
Soap/Aftershave:- Murphy & McNeil - Trinity
Str8:- S.K. Colling & Co. 70 x18mm Black Resin with White Wedge
DE:- Tatara Masamune Nodachi with 89mm handle
Blade:- Astra SP (7)

My personal favourite lather catcher its so ornate especially with the wooden black handle. Kicking myself for not buying half decent one for US$35 and the buyer now has it advertised for US$99

DeGqR5E.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- MASETO Himalaya 24mm Extra Density Silvertip Badger
Soap/Aftershave:- Murphy & McNeil - Trinity
Str8:- S.K. Colling & Co. 70 x18mm Black Resin with White Wedge
DE:- Tatara Masamune Nodachi with 89mm handle
Blade:- Astra SP (7)

yeah the prices can vary wildly. I like most the lather Catchers that were designed to use the flat blade, the first I believe was the Gem Junior (without the bar). The Bar is definitely a looker. I have one with the ivory handle and silver plating, it's a stunner!

Well enabled there my friend, I have placed my order, and karma points to you. (y) It helps that that product is available in an inexpensive travel size.
You won't regret it.

As a matter of fact I have been so enthused by both the scent and the cream itself, that a few years ago I managed to broker a deal between giftsandcare (the Spanish wet-shaving supplies store) and the distributers of St. James of London, becoming G&C the first store in Spain to sell their products.

Got a nice full set in return 💪🏼.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscoth Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 'Slim' Adjustable (6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette (Australian) Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man EDT

Early flight, last (?) of the year ...

ZCEAOfFl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.