Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the exact razor earlier this week. Great shaver! :)
Yeah, that's why I commented on yours at the time. When I purchased mine I had the opportunity of buying a NOS one in pristine condition like yours but didn't want to spend the dollars so I purchased mine which has been a little harder to retrain i.e. the Japanese seem to have a certain way of honing their blades, but I've gradually grown to love mine as I've learned to hone it and ironed out it's idiosyncrasies. :)

PXL-20230614-235512844-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Vazon Forest" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Noble Otter - Two Kings
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Gambella sun-dried, Ethiopia
That brush gets me every time. :)

SOTD – Fri 16 June 2023

SOTD-20230616-setup.png

Saponificio Varesino (SV) as a highly efficient hard soap I used a small 0.5gm portion pressed into my bowl and then moistened with wet fingers before building the lather, lather produced was rich & creamy medium to high density with excellent shaving properties. To my nose the scent is an awesome complex manly scent of Citrus, Spice & Wood with some light florals reminds me of some Italian Cologne, scent strength 6/10. Wonderful clean smooth shave from the Merkur 34c, near BBS.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Fuko Shaving “Aqua” with 26/53 Maggard’s Tux [A]
  • Soap: Saponificio Varesino - CUBEBE Beta 4.3
  • Bowl: Whispers From The Woods [A]
  • Razor: YAQI Zephyr Capsule + Hollow Brass Handle
  • Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
  • Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol, T.Tree & Peppermint
  • Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
  • After Shave: Imperial Leather Classic AS
  • Moisturiser (later on): Nivea Men Creme (Face-Body-Hands)
[A] = Australian Made

Stupid O'clock shave for a 6:00am flight to BNE to pick up my new car and road trip home

Vs4RddVl.jpg

Nice week of shaves

PXL-20230616-233849812-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP Titanium
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

Schick Stick
Vintage Schick blades
Bog oak boar
Mitchell's full fat
Squadron Empire

First use of the "Schick Stick" which is just a novelty Schick L. Using some vintage blades very kindly piffed by @Holiday , thank you.
Love that "Schick Stick" every "Rev Head" should have one (y) :)

Thanks. Those Schicks are not too sharp I'm afraid. But, I'm given to believe that the internal blade holder on these is exactly the same as the repeating razor refills, which makes them a great thing to have.
That's was my determination too :( otherwise it shaves well, comfortable to hold and lightweight with an easily found angle.

Thanks. Those Schicks are not too sharp I'm afraid. But, I'm given to believe that the internal blade holder on these is exactly the same as the repeating razor refills, which makes them a great thing to have.
I wondered if those blades were duds, it is unusual for any NOS vintage items to available on bulk and cheap

Maybe they're used blades that someone shoved back into the injector? :eek: I've never heard of that happening, but there's a first time for everything.
I did consider that when buying but they are also in original boxes. Extreme measures for a few bucks if they did
Also wondered if injector blades were like Gem where you have equivalent of 3 facet, PTFE-coated and the "paint scrapers" but I dont think anything else took an injector blade

Status
Not open for further replies.