Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also wondered if injector blades were like Gem where you have equivalent of 3 facet, PTFE-coated and the "paint scrapers" but I dont think anything else took an injector blade
I always imagined the Schick Proline B-20 injector blades would be identical to the Proline P-30 Artist Club, but shorter in length (and presumably holes in different places)... ?? But maybe I was wrong. :unsure:

m8t8Ybg.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Leonidam Horus Silvertip Badger
Soap: Spearhead Seaforth Heather
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS German-packaged Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Spearhead Seaforth Heather Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Shulton Herbal EdC

Lovely shave. The vintage Shulton Herbal cologne was a great match with the Seaforth Heather scent.

F2YsSkR.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Bowl: Large Pereira Shavery Unbreakable Shaving Bowl
Soap: Vintage Yardley English Lavender
Brush: DC Blades-"BlackGold" - custom P&C TKM 2020
Hand turned resin brush handle with 24mm silver tip badger bulb knot
Razor:- DC Blades "The Cleaver" - P&C TKM 2020
8/8” straight razor custom resin wedgeless scales, brass bullseye washers & pins.
Post-shave: Stirling - Stirling Unscented Witch Hazel, Aloe & Menthol (WHAM)​

F2YsSkR.jpg

8/8” straight razor custom resin wedgeless scales, brass bullseye washers & pins.
I love to see that big smiley cleaver come up. :D along with the King among soaps...

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Fan Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- D.R. Harris ~ Marlborough
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird Lite SS Polished / Shark Super Stainless #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

F2YsSkR.jpg

Love that kit. What’s ‘The Cleaver’ like to shave with and hone?

Love that kit. What’s ‘The Cleaver’ like to shave with and hone?
Hi PB, have only touched it up on a little Escher and restored the edge nicely (due for another). Will send it back to Dion when needs a full hone or bevel reset.
I am surprised at how intuitive the shave is with a big smiling blade. I expected it to be a display piece but has been a pleasure to shave with and kept in regular rotation.
Agile without being fidgety, comfortable to shave with and sharp from heel to toe (y) (y)

SOTD – Sun 18 Jun 2023

SOTD-20230618-setup.png

Catie’s Bubbles soap makes an awesome rich creamy medium to high density lather from a straight forward vegan recipe with excellent lather performance. To my nose the lather scent is a fresh slightly sweet aquatic cologne style aroma, that reminds me of “Into the Mystic” by WetTheFace, scent strength 5/10. The Yaqi Zephyr performed better with the Wizamet blade than the previous Lord Cool blade but I found shaving was a bit unnatural with the steeper angle required, so I will probably take the razor head out my shaving rotation.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Yaqi “BarberPole” with 24/53 Mew (Synbad) knot
  • Soap: Catie’s Bubbles - ‘95 Liquid Labels
  • Bowl: Yaqi Blach ABS “Duke”
  • Razor: Yaqi Zephyr Capsule & Hollow Brass Handle
  • Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
  • Astringent Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol & T.Tree oil
  • Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
  • After Shave: Blue Stratos AS
  • Moisturiser: Nivea Men Creme (Face-Body-Hands)

Hi PB, have only touched it up on a little Escher and restored the edge nicely (due for another). Will send it back to Dion when needs a full hone or bevel reset.
I am surprised at how intuitive the shave is with a big smiling blade. I expected it to be a display piece but has been a pleasure to shave with and kept in regular rotation.
Agile without being fidgety, comfortable to shave with and sharp from heel to toe (y) (y)
In the years when I used a naked blade (ie before I started shaving my head) it never occurred to me that anyone would really want their edge to be truly straight. Those were the days before YouTube taught us different. I had to learn by myself. Our faces have lots of hollow bits (even when they're sometimes a little chubby) and a smiley blade is just perfect for the job.

YrrZJAz.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Soap:- Yardley - English Lavender
Brush:- Morris & Forndran 1" Blonde Badger in Natural Horn handle
Razor:- @Blackie's F.R.Wellmann Gold Medal No.3 - Altona Hamburg

The Wellmann took a nice edge from my first stone a CNAT from @bald as starter kit

Status
Not open for further replies.