Ro4gkTcl.jpg

The last few mornings...

PXL-20230622-221320155-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Phoenix & Beau - Imperial Rum
Razor: ΑΛΦΑ Claymore Evolution
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

Normally my go-to Artist Club blade is the Schick Proline, but lately I've been enjoying the extra blade feel of the Super in this razor, makes it a bit more interesting.

The last few mornings...

PXL-20230622-221320155-PORTRAIT.jpg

Brush: Troycraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Phoenix & Beau - Imperial Rum
Razor: ΑΛΦΑ Claymore Evolution
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, Oxford & Cambridge cologne

Normally my go-to Artist Club blade is the Schick Proline, but lately I've been enjoying the extra blade feel of the Super in this razor, makes it a bit more interesting.
The best Bay Rum scent there is, even if it's not a traditional Bay Rum, but that's probably why it is the best one :ROFLMAO:

Rockwell 6S Plate 2
Gillette Spoiler (around shave 5)
P&C Platypus 2017 26mm badger fan
Tabac Tallow Stick
Paco Rabanne 1 Million

Brought out the Platypus again - I see a few others have as well recently in this thread. Works a treat with my Tabac. A nice 3 pass, low maintenance shave. Probably about time to retire the blade but these last so long...

Can't recommend the fragrance - I'm just using it up.

Rockwell 6S Plate 2
Gillette Spoiler (around shave 5)
P&C Platypus 2017 26mm badger fan
Tabac Tallow Stick
Paco Rabanne 1 Million

Brought out the Platypus again - I see a few others have as well recently in this thread. Works a treat with my Tabac. A nice 3 pass, low maintenance shave. Probably about time to retire the blade but these last so long...

Can't recommend the fragrance - I'm just using it up.
Burberry London for Men
Lagerfeld Classic
L'Occitane Baux
Proraso Wood & Spice

Are fantastic with your loveable tallow Tabac stick

4G7vKwZl.jpg

Soap: Oaken Lab - Sanctum
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Tatara Masamune Nadachi
Blade: Nacet (1)
First run with the Tatara. Very impressed. When it first started appearing on the forum and was very popular I wasn’t overly attracted to its appearance and of course I didn’t need another razor. When this Tatara came up for sale I was certain it would be snapped up but when it wasn’t my resolve was broken, I read @Errol ’s review and the decision was made.
The shave is not dissimilar to the Lupo but probably a bit safer. I don’t need to do another review - @Errol hit the nail on the head. Suffice to say I won’t be moving this razor on. Looking forward to seeing how different blades perform in it.
The Sanctum soap was a nice change. I had previously decided against purchasing Oaken Labs due to them using fragrance oils. Both Mrs Pbgoose and I do not tolerate fragrance oils well and this was the case with Sanctum. Off their website it looks like they do use essential oils but they also note ‘aroma molecules’ which is where we start to have a problem. Nonetheless I did enjoy Sanctum, I just need to be mindful about when I use it around Mrs Pbgoose.

SOTWeekend

PXL-20230624-010822197-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

Brush: Troycraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP Titanium
Soap: Noble Otter - Two Kings
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline

bpYQcG5.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Abbate y La Mantia Krokos
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS German-packaged Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Reuzel Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Abbate y La Mantia Garibaldi EdC

Sometimes a shaving soap with a big price tag and reputation can disappoint.

Not this.

Last edited:
Eclipse Red Ring
Ever-Ready hospital blade
Ever-Ready 100
Mike's shave stick
Squadron Ace

I found this Red Ring on Marketplace and could not resist. Not in perfect condition but pretty good and a great shave with this vintage British blade.
Get back into the bloody Palmolive

Status
Not open for further replies.