Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect shave in every aspect! :)

IiIEzRn.jpg

Koraat Sheffield 15/16 Half Hollow - PAA Peregrino - MdC Agrumes - B&M Seville Splash - Sukin Moisturiser

ye6Rxuv.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Billy Goat Brushworks / Maggard 26mm SHD badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino ‘Opuntia’
Razor: Friodur Inox 72 6/8
Strop:
DCBlades Roo/Cotton
Post-shave: Shavex Alum block, Fine ‘Platinum’, Mont Blanc ‘Explorer’
Another blade graduated to a JNat finish, another terrific shave. I'm quite amazed with the edges I get from the JNat, sharp but at the same time confidence inspiring and comfortable. I'm negotiating tricky areas like my chin much more easily now. This razor came without a box, but I bought an after market one from Etsy and copied the label from a photo. My printer didn't quite nail the Friodur red, but close enough. I like to have original boxes; they add some character!

.... This razor came without a box, but I bought an after market one from Etsy and copied the label from a photo. My printer didn't quite nail the Friodur red, but close enough. I like to have original boxes; they add some character!
That's something I hadn't thought of. Good idea. I have a few old coffins lying around that I could apply this to.

DR-Harris-Lavender-Muramasa.jpg

Razor:Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Derby Extra (3rd use)
Soap: D.R. Harris Lavender
Aftershave/Post Shave: Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Brush: LS 30mm+ Silvertip brush
Alum: NIL
Bowl: NIL

What a tremendous shave! I think I have hit my stride with the Muramasa. I had an old man moment and couldn't see the numbers on the dial but mind you I was outside of the bathroom without the light on with only the sunlight coming in from the bathroom window so I can't hold it against the razor completely although I can sympathize with older folks that will struggle to see the settings at the best of time.
I went with setting 3 to start with but two strokes in I decided, nah! lets go with setting 4 with the grain which went pretty well. I followed it up with setting 3 across the grain and then setting 2 against the grain. (some buffing on setting 3/4 in some trouble spots.

It was also a great pleasure to use this brush again. I don't recall the last time I used it but it would have to be at least 6 years ago. Excellent brush and was a great value for money. The brush has bloomed brilliantly now. I can't recall how many times I used it in the past but it was almost new looking in this pic. It shed four hairs but stabilized soon after and was perfect and shed no hairs even upon agitation on a towel in the drying process. I look forward to using it again sometime soon and welcome it back into the rotation.

As good as everything was I'd have to say the stars of the show were the soap and even the lavender witch hazel. The last time I used the Thayers lavender scented witch hazel it was from the much older stock in the old bottles with coloured labels. The scent on the new one is much more subtle as too was the D.R. Harris soap. Some lavender scents are far too strong for me and can irritate my eyes but this one was spot on. Very pleasant!

The protection and slickness was very good and the post shave was great.

Overall it was a fantastic BBS shave with no weepers, nicks or irritation.

Not sure what imgur is doing, not letting me get to image page

Glad the the Stirling Executive Man is more reliable!

B.jpg

Razor: Boker "Mother of Pearl" 6/8 Full Hollow
Brush: Boti 26mm Boar
Croap: Cella
I wonder if Herr Böker is living in a parallel universe. It is very rare for a scallop to yield a pearl. I can eat any amount of oysters or scallops, but even I would struggle to eat enough of the latter to have any likelihood of finding a pearl...

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Pure Badger 22/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Jack
Razor/Blade:- WCS American Liberty CNC / NOS English Wilky #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Summer for Men 2013

It's been a while since a scent brought an uncontrollable smile to my face

Ln6JlDz.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:-Simpson - Duke 3 Best Badger
Razor:- S.K. Colling & Co. 70 x18mm Black Resin with White Wedge
Soap/Aftershave:- Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars

The last and next few weeks - my travel kit...

PXL-20231128-021440037-MP-1.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap: DRH Windsor stick
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige/Blackland Vector
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless/Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Ethiopia Guji from The Naked Bean

Status
Not open for further replies.