Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
WiOLeZt.jpg

SK Colling “14” 15/16 Hollow - Odax Ebony Synth - Shannon's Barbershop - Myrsol Antesol - Sukin Moisturiser
Another beautiful razor👍🏻

04 to 08 December
I very much enjoy shaving with this set of five SRs. They are all very similar in shaving but each requires a slightly different technique due to their point styles.
All are pre-1924 T.R. Cadman "Bengall" full hollow 6/8 SRs finished and maintained on diamond pasted balsa.

dRLx50c.jpg

Monday - spike point dressed in Queensland black bean (Castanospermum australe) timber scales
Tuesday - American (square) point dressed in Burmese teak (Tectona grandis) timber scales
Wednesday - Spanish point dressed in Western Australian jarrah (Eucalyptus marginata) timber scales
Thursday - French point dressed in Queensland silver ash (flindersia bourjotiana) timber scales
Friday - Dutch (round) point dressed in Australian golden wattle (Acacia pycnantha) timber scales [I love the scent of this timber}
All beautiful but only the Friday one would be safe to use by inexperienced shaver

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Paladin Cleo 26/52mm Bulb in Cobalt
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Joker
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Hybrid Tech 1947 made in England / NOS English Wilky #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

09 December
It has been a few weeks since I last shaved with this razor and that was my first shave with it. After that shave, I found that the blade's edge still needed a little more love to bring it up to what I was hoping for. So, after that first shave, I put the razor through another full diamond pasted balsa strop progression (its second full progression). This morning's shave with this razor was close to sublime.

Razor: pre-1890 T.R. Cadman "Bengall" 8/8 (24mm) Dutch point
Soap: Proraso green cream
Brush: No-brand Chinese guaranteed pure best badger 19mm synthetic

GdvgfSI.jpg

Tomorrow I start shaving with VI-John icy mint cream for a week so as to determine the winner in my PIF No. 12.

for me the blackbird is absolute perfection in a razor, still getting used to the SR.. baby steps

53385280325_36830b58c5_h.jpg
Yeah I'm really happy with the Blackbird and have recently paired it with Gillette Rubie blades for some smooth and efficient shaves!

Yeah I'm really happy with the Blackbird and have recently paired it with Gillette Rubie blades for some smooth and efficient shaves!
I might try the Gillette Rubie in my Blackbird Lite or Standard, not sure how smooth the Rubie would be though, because, I know how the Rubie feels during the shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.