Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD – Mon 11 Dec 2023

SOTD-20231211-setup.png

The Shield AC razor is my first Ti razor and has blade Gap:1.15mm and Expo:0.12mm so gave plenty of blade feel, with the Captain Titan Mild blade I was able to achieve a smooth, efficient and close shave.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Hushua “Lava” with 24/52 APLuxury Fan Mixed Badger&Boar
  • Soap: Old Spice Cream (India)
  • Bowl: Yaqi ABS White “Duke”
  • Razor: Shield Gr5 Ti Avenger AC2
  • Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild AC (2)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS with added Menthol
  • Balm: Proraso Refreshing (Green) Crema Pre Barba
  • After Shave: Old Spice Classic AS
  • Moisturiser (Later): Nivea Men - Anti-Irritation AS Lotion

Now that's a reasonable explanation. Thanks @SpeedyPC
Unfortunately, that's all just a fantasy. The truth is, Australian internet infrastructure is designed by snotty-nosed 11-year-olds in the so-called "free market" who have not the faintest idea how it's done, and care even less. Then when things break (as they inevitably do) the government runs around yelling ohmygodohmygodwhataboutthechildrenwe'reallgonnadie, looks for someone to blame, finds one, then rinse and repeat, hoping the election cycle will somehow absolve them of their short-sightedness. Unfortunately, this "strategy" (such as it is) seems to work, since there is no limit to the stupidity of the typical voter, which makes them easy to manipulate.

</rant>

FshuDTS.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Cream: Acqua Di Parma
Razor: Merkur Mergress XL (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Silver Royal (10)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Santa Maria Novella Colonia Russa Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Acqua Di Parma EdC

Back in the big smoke, and treated myself to a touch of luxury.

Unfortunately, that's all just a fantasy. The truth is, Australian internet infrastructure is designed by snotty-nosed 11-year-olds in the so-called "free market" who have not the faintest idea how it's done, and care even less. Then when things break (as they inevitably do) the government runs around yelling ohmygodohmygodwhataboutthechildrenwe'reallgonnadie, looks for someone to blame, finds one, then rinse and repeat, hoping the election cycle will somehow absolve them of their short-sightedness. Unfortunately, this "strategy" (such as it is) seems to work, since there is no limit to the stupidity of the typical voter, which makes them easy to manipulate.

</rant>
That's one thing our two countries have in common -- uninformed voters -- the true bain of democracy.

How’s the new razor Mycroft? still playing the violin and still running for politicians.
@SpeedyPC the Velocity-one to me is superb in all departments. I confess I was pensive about this purchase, the looks were a given but the chit chat about blade exposure and blade gap had me thinking Feather AS-D2 but to my relief not a bit of it. This razor is a testament to the makers attention to detail with regard to functionality and looks ……. in short IMO TEDALUS nailed it.
Thanks for asking.

@SpeedyPC the Velocity-one to me is superb in all departments. I confess I was pensive about this purchase, the looks were a given but the chit chat about blade exposure and blade gap had me thinking Feather AS-D2 but to my relief not a bit of it. This razor is a testament to the makers attention to detail with regard to functionality and looks ……. in short IMO TEDALUS nailed it.
Thanks for asking.
@Errol start getting this under your Christmas tree, before, Santa starts 12 months holiday leave after Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.