Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC Two Band Finest Badger in Taj (Ivory) Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird Lite SB Polished / Gillette Nacet #12 ... Finished
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

yFOYz2v.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Troycraft - Mink Nebula 24mm Fan
Soap:- Moon Soaps - Sorrento Shaving Soap
Razor:- RazoRock - Lupo 95
Blade:- Astra SP (5)
Aftershave:- Moon Soaps - Sorrento Post Shave Balm

Razor: Fatboy (5)
Blade: Nacet
Brush: whipped dog high mountain badger
Soap: Noble otter orbit
Scent: Dior Sauvage parfum

Had the monthly fraternity meeting which is a black tie event and I as a new affiliating member wanted to make as good of an impression as my ugly mug allows.
I got the opportunity to assist in welcoming a new member and made some new connections myself which I’m sure will develop into friendships over the coming years.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' razor (6)
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (4)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire botanical lotion
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

QQXICE0l.jpg

SOTD – Thu 25 May 2023

SOTD-20230525-setup.png

Shave Result: Bare Man is a firm but pliable soap, so easy to slice a small pea sized portion off the puck (about 1.25gm) and build lovely rich creamy medium density lather and the lather has excellent all round performance. To my nose the scent was a fresh minty eucalyptus aroma similar to spearmint chewy gum, solid scent strength 6/10. Easy going near BBS with the Merkur Classic.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Natio Men Shave Gel [A]
  • Brush: Forgotten Art “Magma” with 27/54 ACE knot [A]
  • Soap: Verde Bath & Body – BARE MAN [A]
  • Bowl: Whispers From The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Merkur Classic with WCS Bamboo Handle
  • Blade: Lord Cool SS (1)
  • Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol & T.Tree oil
  • Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave [A]
  • After Shave: Old Spice Classic AS
  • Moisturiser: Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser for Men [A]
[A] = Australian Product.

PXL-20230525-234606266.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm shoat
Soap: Phoenix & Beau - Imperial Rum
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid
COTD: Kawah Ijen, Java

PXL-20230525-234606266.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm shoat
Soap: Phoenix & Beau - Imperial Rum
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid
COTD: Kawah Ijen, Java
Psst, do you want some more Forgotten Art brushes? ;)

Psst, do you want some more Forgotten Art brushes? ;)
Thanks, I now have 3 so I think I'll stop. Even now, I'm having to move some of my brushes out of circulation from time to time so that Mme G doesn't notice the total head count and start objecting. With the new brush, I just "had" to get Troy to make something so i could make use of the new AP Titanium knot. :rolleyes: ;)

This little brush has been getting a lot more use since I set it with the shoat knot, it's the best little piggy-wig I've ever tried.

Are you getting bored with your FA brushes? I'm sure there must be someone here who will happily take them off your hands... :D

Thanks, I now have 3 so I think I'll stop. Even now, I'm having to move some of my brushes out of circulation from time to time so that Mme G doesn't notice the total head count and start objecting. With the new brush, I just "had" to get Troy to make something so i could make use of the new AP Titanium knot. :rolleyes: ;)

This little brush has been getting a lot more use since I set it with the shoat knot, it's the best little piggy-wig I've ever tried.

Are you getting bored with your FA brushes? I'm sure there must be someone here who will happily take them off your hands... :D
I have a deal with my Mrs, I don't count her handbags and she doesn't count my brushes:D

EUSfxRT.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lava Flow Select Badger
Soap: E & S Rasage Equinoxe
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Creed Royal Oud EdP

Status
Not open for further replies.