The added slickness of a good quality vintage tallow soap really helped
Happy Shaves P&C

PXL-20230526-212010900-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP Titanium
Soap: Czech & Speake (Valobra) - Oxford & Cambridge
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Kawah Ijen, Java

SOTD – Sat 27 May 2023

SOTD-20230527-setup.png

Shave Result: First time using a Sir Henry’s soap base, soap texture is firm and it produced excellent results, lather was rich and creamy with medium density and top all round lather performance (stability, slickness, protection/cushion, residual), so very impressed. To my nose the scent has a sweetish floral (lavender) forward aroma with a woody background, lather scent strength 7/10. The Merkur Classic razor just gives me a wonderful easy going DFS.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Suavecito Brushless Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Hushua “Lava” with 24/52 APLuxury Fan Mixed Badger&Boar
  • Soap: Sir Henry’s Luxury Shave Soap - Sandalwood
  • Bowl: Yaqi ABS Black “Duke”
  • Razor: Merkur Classic with WCS Bamboo Handle
  • Blade: Lord Cool Super Stainless (2)
  • Astringent Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol & T.Tree oil
  • Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
  • After Shave: Jovan Mush AS
  • Moisturiser: Nivea Men Creme (Face-Body-Hands)

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC Two Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- D.R. Harris ~ Lavender
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird Lite SB Polished / Feather Hi-Stainless #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Lagerfeld Classic

Thanks, I now have 3 so I think I'll stop. Even now, I'm having to move some of my brushes out of circulation from time to time so that Mme G doesn't notice the total head count and start objecting. With the new brush, I just "had" to get Troy to make something so i could make use of the new AP Titanium knot. :rolleyes: ;)

This little brush has been getting a lot more use since I set it with the shoat knot, it's the best little piggy-wig I've ever tried.

Are you getting bored with your FA brushes? I'm sure there must be someone here who will happily take them off your hands... :D
3 of the nicer coloured pours too! I just have too many brushes, and they don't get used often, maybe 1-2 times each a year, a dismal life for such mine handles

PXL-20230527-235003618.jpg

Soap: D. R. Harris - Windsor
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne

77ceDFG.gif

Pre-shave:- Shower
Soap/Aftershave:- Noble Otter - Orbit
Brush:- Butterscotch Simpson AS2A with Rhodium Knots 22mm Manchurian bulb
Razor:- EverSharp-Schick Type G
Blade:- NOS Vintage Schick injector (1)
A bulb knot from Srdjan is a rare beast. He's said on a couple of occasions that he favours fans, and I've come to agree. But then again, you'll hang on to any knot made by him since I gather he's fled back to Serbia, and been incommunicado since.

A bulb knot from Srdjan is a rare beast. He's said on a couple of occasions that he favours fans, and I've come to agree. But then again, you'll hang on to any knot made by him since I gather he's fled back to Serbia, and been incommunicado since.
I asked Srdjan to replicate the original as much as possible which he did with a Manchurian Bulb (y)

PXL-20230527-235003618.jpg

Soap: D. R. Harris - Windsor
Now that's a good looking shave right there. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.