Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Super Speed
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Whipped Dogg badger
Soap: Noble otter orbit
Splash: witch hazel and Orbit
Scent: Floris No89

Today, I’m visiting my office to complete my performance review with my manager and fulfil my reporting obligations.

But what a great way to remember him, keep his scent alive
Indeed, and it's still a great scent, even if it is almost as old as I am. And it's not being promoted by Johnny Depp. I don't know what Dior thought they were doing there, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it really is a good look to have your products promoted by a [-n alleged] wife-beater... :unsure:

[MOD edit]
Eau sauvage is a top scent and despite it being absolutely ancient (1966) those citrus top notes keep it youthful.
As for sauvage, it’s a completely different scent- it’s deeper, more long lived and a great choice in its own right though much like the other Eau sauvage variants they will always be a little in the shadow of one of the worlds greatest scents ever produced.

As for Mr Depp, I wasn’t there so I don’t knows what the truth is but much like Tom cruse he is a fantastic actor with a share of controversy which may or may not be deserved, one thing is true though, a brand can leverage his image.

31 May 2023
zy4f1G0l.jpg

Soap: Noble Otter - RAWR
Brush: KBBB
Razor: Colonial General

1 June 2023
R7iJt9Il.jpg

Soap: Parker Sandalwood
Brush: Platypus
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty (5)
Blade: Rapira

The Platypus is a beautiful brush. This the first time I've used it in a couple of years (still haven't got all my gear out of storage).
Has anyone heard what has happened to Ron Spencer? He was eBay seller rspe7027. A substantial number of my straight collection came through Ron. I have tried his email and phone but they bounce/disconnected.

Last edited:
As for Mr Depp, I wasn’t there so I don’t knows what the truth is but much like Tom cruse he is a fantastic actor with a share of controversy which may or may not be deserved, one thing is true though, a brand can leverage his image.
He was pretty popular following the recent court case, having seemingly won in the court of public opinion. He's was probably driving high sales for anything he was attached to shortly after the verdict.

52941653149_14ef222e50_b.jpg

Brush: Maggard Midnight Blue 24mm SHD
Razor: Karve Overlander Stainless Blue Steel
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Blue Oceana

I hope everyone show some support for @SpeedyPC today after the devastating loss to QUEENSLAND last night. I decided to do an all blue colour theme shave today. And it was a great shave. The Waves aftershave was a bit salty.

zoolander.gif

I purchased it about fifteen years ago. It came with "New" short & long comb heads and base plates replated in chrome.

I missed them :(

I do have a replated NEW head with a nice handle though :)

I hope everyone show some support for @SpeedyPC today after the devastating loss to QUEENSLAND last night. I decided to do an all blue colour theme shave today. And it was a great shave. The Waves aftershave was a bit salty.

zoolander.gif
I thoroughly enjoyed being there to see Queensland have a great win. Two from two at Adelaide oval!

zoolander.gif
giphy.gif

Chocolate, Coconut, Cigars what's not to like?
Eating a dark chocolate bounty with a glass of Jamaican rum and Cuban cigar

EtCqKam.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold shower
Brush:- Rudy Vey - Chubby 3 27mm Dark Coral
Razor: Gem Junior
Soap:- A&E Choco Cubano
Blade:- Gem (2)
Aftershave:- A&E Choco Cubano

Slight preference for last night's Junior with chubby bakelite handle but that one has a broken blade stop.
Don't think I have had a bad shave experience with vintage Gem type SE

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Blutt WR-1 razor (0.86 mm)
Blade: Polsiver 'Brown' (3)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire splash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Nice

2cSng5Jl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.