Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man who won't learn is either dead or incapable of learning.
giphy.gif

Are you using this gem blade?
IMG_0114_1024x1024@2x.jpg
Hi @SpeedyPC I have not bought any because have all been PIF by generous P&C members or sold with the razor so can not say 100% but I do believe they are all 3 facet, PTFE-coated stainless steel GEM®
How did the Streamline go?

Hi @Sticky I left the Streamline 2nd last in rotation so the blade was well broken in and allowed me to play with angles and familiarise myself with the razor. It provided a nice 2 x WTG = BBS with no blood letting or irritation. Not as forgiving as some other vintage SE but better than a lot of others including many DE. What is your experience with Ever Ready Shovel Head is it a similar shave?

kXdJ2HVl.jpg

Soap: Chiseled Face - Civet
Brush: Master Badger
Razor: Flic
Put this georgeous old razor on the hones last night for a lovely shave this morning. A Jnat provided a very agreeable edge. The older blades have distinctly different audible feedback than the more modern blades, a more mellow warmer sound. I think this blade originally had a gold wash but it had largely been removed in the clean up before I purchased it.

kXdJ2HVl.jpg

Put this georgeous old razor on the hones last night for a lovely shave this morning. A Jnat provided a very agreeable edge. The older blades have distinctly different audible feedback than the more modern blades, a more mellow warmer sound. I think this blade originally had a gold wash but it had largely been removed in the clean up before I purchased it.
Love those bloody scales o_O

kXdJ2HVl.jpg

Love those bloody scales o_O
..and the detailed etching on blade. A lovely razor ;) (y)

EWbbzQf.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Spearhead Seaforth Sea Spice Lime
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Zingari Man The Watchman Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Tauer L'Air Des Alpes Suisses EdP

For my friend in the Top End @Holiday, I very much enjoyed the Seaforth soap. I am generally not a fan of aquatic scents, but I think this is very well done. I was in my younger years an avid spearfisherman and scuba diver (although the two activities were mutally exclusive), and hence have a decent nose for real world aquatic scents. Spearhead have done a good job in reproducing a realistic salty aquatic note to the lime and spice. The performance was very good indeed; easy to lather and good residual slickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.