Review Showdown - Rockwell 6S, Timeless 68/95, ATT, Guerrilla

Great information @nsavage @Korbz @alfredus
Really appreciate your insights and time as very valuable especially before we invest in premium quality DEs.
But you left the LASSC BBS-1 off the list? :LOL:
I intentionally did this, as to not upset people...

Today is my last shave in my own den for 3 weeks and you can guess which razor I picked for this occasion ;)

I intentionally did this, as to not upset people...

Today is my last shave in my own den for 3 weeks and you can guess which razor I picked for this occasion ;)
Won't be upset just very jealous. And don't think others will be either just envious.

So now you stepped in it deeper, thoughts where the BBS-1 sits!? And yes it is the prettiest of them all!!

Oh we do have one cry baby :joyful:
Sadly I do not have a BBS-1 :cry:

For me personally the BBS-1 gives the closest, yet smoothest shaves out of the above (again I have not tried the Timeless)...it took me a while to learn it and I had almost given up - but now it is my absolute favourite

A good review. I'm about to try the Timeless 68 so will be able to gauge for myself against the ATT R1.I missed the first opportunity on the Guerrilla so hopefully I'm on the wait list.
Where we at with this @Errol please?
@Korbz is thinking BST his timeless 68 am and a strong contender to put my hand up for it.
But wanted more reviews to push me forward.
@Errol did the Guerrilla arrive?

The Timeless certainly has the looks. My first shave with the 68 head was a disappointment. It did improve over the next three shaves but I got that feeling the the razor was in control and not giving its best. Tried the 95 head and wow, what a different razor. I really enjoyed the Timeless with the 95 head.

As for the Guerrilla still waiting on that all important email.

Oh. . Mmh timeless 68 is not getting the love. Shame was keen, guess I'll have to research this more.

As for the Guerrilla, put email request mid May and got the response mid June and bit the bullet a few days after reading this review so ordered it. Now using it as my daily driver and will add my thoughts later on.
However a coworker after my convincing put the email request in late May and as yet no further response about a possible order.
Fear the wait list grew exponentially once the reddit post overflowed into other forums.
If i know more I'll share it.

Thank you for the advice. I put my request for the Guerrilla in just after the close of the reddit post. They say patience is a virtue. I'll just sit back an wait, can't do much more.

A good review. I'm about to try the Timeless 68 so will be able to gauge for myself against the ATT R1.I missed the first opportunity on the Guerrill so hopefully I'm on the wait list.

Thank you for the advice. I put my request for the Guerrilla in just after the close of the reddit post. They say patience is a virtue. I'll just sit back an wait, can't do much more.

Any update on the ATT R1 against Timeless 68/95?
No emails for Guerilla from co-worker.

I'm taking a lot of the comments here with a grain of salt, particularly in regard to the Timeless 0.68.

I have been shaving with mine for around 9 months now, interchangeably with the Above the Tie R1, Fatboy and Slim and Progress/Mergress and the Timeless delivers excellent shaves uniformly. I have run it with Polsilvers, Derby's and my daily go to Feathers and the results were very similar. The timeless is not just a razor about looks, it's a finely machined and balanced razor that takes skill and familiarity to use, many of the comments here evidence that that skill and familiarity is missing.

many of the comments here evidence that that skill and familiarity is missing

Just because people don't find something as good as something else they have used, or that it doesn't measure up to their expectations based on so many great reviews. That's a bit of a bold statement.

No one has said it's a bad piece of kit, or that it's all looks and no substance (or that it applies to all Timeless products, be it 0.95 or 0.68). I believe different strokes for different folks is appropriate here. Certainly not something to make assertions on other peoples skills (noting that it was "and" used not "and/or").

I really have to give a Timeless a try. Would be interesting to see which plate I prefer.

Same here, just not sure which plate to choose as not a cheap exercise to go through. However the $AUD is on the up so that day may come soon.
Maybe I need to do a swap with someone to at least try both plates hint hint

well, with the Australian shortage of the Rockwell 6S, decided to order straight from their web site .... you get $10 off with first order, and the AU$$$ isn't bad at the moment.
Now the wait ..... but I'be been waiting 4 weeks for local stock, at least now I have some certainty.... though wait once again. I like buying local but if no stock, what can you do.