Simmo's Classic 1

That is particularly irritating Drubs :(

As I mentioned to them, I've had bigger and denser and no problems.

Yes, they stand by the product, but sending shit back still costs money. OK to do it as a one-off, but twice? - that's why I'm pissed off. Especially as this is my keeper. I've bought enough of their stuff to find the right one.

Last edited:
Mate, you look a tad worked up.
Pull up a pew and share with fellow gents what's upon your mind.
Tell us what you really thing :)

Oh my God! I do believe Drubbing is going to start (justifiably and not based on askew stickers or slightly out or different shaped knots) a SIMMO HATE THREAD.

It does seem wrong with the very small number of brushes we have here that there are so many faulty ones.

Maybe we work together and send one big parcel back to them and save on postage.

Hey I could even throw in a couple of vintage ones for re-knot!

I don't hate the brushes, or Simpson. They've stood behind their products. I hate the fact a handmade process is not anywhere near as reliable for fat brushes as an automated one. The TGN knots don't shed. But my T&H/Rooney did and was replaced and was fine.

I have to hope I got really unlucky to get 2 duds here.

Last edited:
Perhaps it is worth inviting Vulfix Simpsons to join here ?
@Monsta_AU are you up to the task or would you rather a member with an established relationship take this step upon behalf of our community ?

Maybe we work together and send one big parcel back to them and save on postage.

Hey I could even throw in a couple of vintage ones for re-knot!

That's a plan! They'll get a box full of crap from the Antipodes delivered to the factory floor.

I am pretty sure they will be aware of the thread. It did get mentioned on twitter and they were tagged.

Up to them to reach out if they wish. All vendors are welcome to register here.

I may have missed it... But is someone here doing re-knotts, not sure if I want to bother sending my brush to simo to get replaced.

Basically there is one way that you can protect yourself with the costs of sending a shedding brush back - and that is to buy locally.

Under the new consumer laws (specifically the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, replacing the Trades Practices Act 1976, and amendments), businesses selling product in Australia must either;
  • Repair
  • Replace; or
  • Refund
if a product is found to be not of a reasonable quality for purpose. The choice of which remedy is to be chosen by the consumer.

By buying locally from an online retailer, your only cost is domestic postage which is quite a bit cheaper. Otherwise, you can return it directly back to the retail premises.

I may have missed it... But is someone here doing re-knotts, not sure if I want to bother sending my brush to simo to get replaced.
But then it wouldn't be a Simpson. No one else makes their knots, or anything like them.