Sick of tripping over plastic tubs of shaving gear in the bedroom and trying to find clothes amongst razor boxes in the tall boy so time to chuck together another carcass for a wall cabinet. Won't solve the problem (needs to be three times bigger) but hopefully will alleviate the situation. It was just going to be shelves and was made to fit in a wall space between furniture then discovered after nailing and glueing the carcass I had some old kitchen cabinet doors that would've fit if the cabinet was 5mm wider.........so out comes the planer and knock 5mm off the doors. Only two doors would work as I'd already set the height of the shelves so two doors covers the bottom three shelves, each covering one & a half shelves each , I did say it was a throw together.
Colour mixed the stain to match the cypress doors (same as the EO cabinet I made some months ago) and gave it a hit with laquer tonight (in my pristine dust free spray booth ). Few more coats then fit the doors.
Total lack of planning in this job. Checked the wall after carcass was built and not a stud in sight.......not sure what I'm hanging it off yet, might be just hollow wall fasteners which normally I'd never do for this weight but still hoping to do a reno soon (relatively) hence the temporary badly planned cabinet.
I'll post another photo when I get the cabinet together.