Super Soaps blending two or more soaps

JustUncleL

The Highlight of my shave today was my soap: I blended two soaps together to form a super soap. To achieve this I melted the Glycerine based Taconic puck in a ceramic mug (35secs in the Microwave) and then mixed in a grated Arko stick.

SOTD-20220214-mix.png

You may ask why do this? Well the Taconic soap is plenty slick enough but was giving me poor quality unstable lather, which I’m not a fan of. So rather than use the puck in the shower I thought I’d try blending it with a cheap good lathering Tallow soap (Arko).

Result turned out really good, with wonderful medium density lather that’s very slick and very stable (yippy!!!), great residual as well.

Anyone else try to blend two or more soaps together?

My main summer soap is a blend of 4 or so bitsa mentholated soaps.
Does the job and reduced containers cluttering up the place too.

I have a frankensoap going also. Not intentionally but when the circle of death gets too large i just scoop it out and mash it into a container. Prob have 2-3 soaps combined (no idea what) and will add to it a few more times before giving it a try
I tend to do that with samples that have been sitting unused with the scent dissipating.

Some grated Speick stick (about 1/2 a stick) added to the remnant (grated) DR Harris 'Arlington' was a happy marriage.
Nice scent, great lather.
It must be good as I kept using every day (it's all gone now).
Back to Stirling 'Black Cherry' for now, but with The Gentlemans Quarter 'Bay Rum', and Blue Devil 'Lust' on standby.