SYD Sydney January Meetup - Saturday 20th January 2018 - 1.30 - 3.30pm

Discussion started by todras, Dec 2, 2017.

1. todras

todras est Français pour après-rasage Artisan Producer Menth Dealer

• When: Saturday 20th January 2018, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
    • Where: The Riverview Hotel, 29 Birchgrove Road, Balmain. Upstairs in the courtyard Google Maps Reference
    • What to bring: Whatever you like! New Brushes, Razors, Soaps, Creams, Blades or just your good self.
    This will be another informal casual gathering and a chance for us to bring our recent acquisitions - everything from shaving related items through to watches!

@Monsta_AU @SydBJW @borked @MrT @tullfan @nav1 @Nonick @Question @Mark @Mark1966 @Brendan @dewynter @pyrokov @cranky @thisISjoel @gthomas04 @Snooze @shavetheman @the_shaving_sailor @RustyBlade @Rami @Itsonlyblood @ShaveOn @filobiblic @FluffyGroodle @dangerman @ShaveOn

Absolutely everyone is welcome, state or territory - come along and share, show and tell all your Christmas acquistions :)

2. Rami

Rami Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail

Aaaaaaaaaaaa.

My son birthday party. Fourth month in a row i have something on

3. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

I've extended an invite to someone that I've commissioned two pieces of work with.
    They should be well completed by then and if they turn out as I expect they will, I suspect my guest will be inundated with questions and possibly further commissioned pieces of work on the day.
    One person here knows the details and he best keep Mum about it :)

SydBJW, TomG, todras and 5 others like this.
  4. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Admin Post
    If it's not me, I probably already know anyway.

borked likes this.
  5. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

Yes that be true, yet which one is the question ;)

RustyBlade likes this.
  6. the_shaving_sailor

the_shaving_sailor Member 2018 Sabbatical

Finally I’ll be home for one! Can’t wait to see all you lovely people again.

Hahahaha sorry couldn’t keep a straight face with that one. Lovely people....haha good one

But seriously I’ll be there with bells on.

Snooze, borked and Monsta_AU like this.
  7. RustyBlade

RustyBlade Member 2018 Sabbatical

And your suit with bells on it.
    Great to see you there and catch up to hear your stories from the antipodes (y)

the_shaving_sailor likes this.
  8. borked

Said commissioned pieces of work are almost completed and looking very likely to be delivered to me upon the day.
    Have arranged for a few things as well that hopefully will tie in with this.
    This has the potential to be quite an interesting meet up for those that bother to attend.

9. RustyBlade

@borked you bothered by the bothered :sneaky::)
    I'll be there without my daughter as other arrangements made. So you'll see my silm, paradigm as and new soaps.

Should be an interesting discussion on hardware and hopefully some new faces too.

Snooze, Mark1966 and borked like this.
  10. Rami

Rami Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail

I wish I could. Kids bday on the day.

todras and SydBJW like this.
  11. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

Well enjoy your time together.

On the shore ...

RustyBlade and Ferret619 like this.
  12. todras

I'm aiming for a reshuffle, but I may have to sit this round out unfortunately depending on how things pan out later in the week.

SydBJW likes this.
  13. SydBJW

SydBJW Soaps, You Don't Buy Just Williams Da Menth Heads

I know all the details and are open to bribes :)

My mother is in town for Armidale and I unfortunately can't make it ( I could but my misses would send me back to Armidale to live :ROFLMAO:). I really wanted to see what @borked has in store for everyone.

RustyBlade, FluffyGroodle and todras like this.
  14. Ferret619

Ferret619 Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs 2018 Sabbatical

They probably don’t even crash weddings on their meets..

RustyBlade, Mark1966 and todras like this.
  15. todras

Wine glass half full, or half empty. Definitely no need for it to go overboard :LOL:

Pbgoose, RustyBlade and Ferret619 like this.
  16. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

Half full or half empty? Sounds like an inefficient glass choice to me ...

borked and RustyBlade like this.
  17. RustyBlade

Hopefully no weddings as they'll distract us on our true purpose @Ferret619

They pour full glasses at this pub so nothing like a sea change if you attend @Mark1966. If you do I'll bring your other razor's younger sister for show and tell.

@todras was expecting the artist to turn up as we have a hundred more questions.

18. Mark1966

Unfortunately I can't this time - but am hoping to at some point this year!

RustyBlade likes this.
  19. todras

With recent AP Reserve developments, it' looking like I will be out for a couple of months!!

RustyBlade likes this.
  20. dangerman

dangerman Member

I'm not sure but hoping to get there if thing pan out.

Snooze likes this.