SYD Sydney October Meetup - Saturday 14th October

Discussion started by todras, Sep 16, 2017.

1. todras

todras est Français pour après-rasage Menth Dealer Artisan Producer

• When: Saturday 14th October, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
    • Where: The Riverview Hotel, 29 Birchgrove Road, Balmain. Upstairs in the courtyard Google Maps Reference
    • What to bring: Whatever you like! New Brushes, Razors, Soaps, Creams, Blades or just your good self.
    This will be another informal casual gathering and a chance for us to bring our recent acquisitions - everything from shaving related items through to watches!

See you all there :)

@Monsta_AU @SydBJW @borked @MrT @tullfan @nav1 @Nonick @Question @Mark @Mark1966 @Brendan @dewynter @pyrokov @cranky @thisISjoel @gthomas04 @Snooze @shavetheman @the_shaving_sailor @RustyBlade @Rami @Itsonlyblood @ShaveOn @filobiblic

FluffyGroodle, Snooze, borked and 2 others like this.
  2. filobiblic

filobiblic Facepeeler Extraordinare State Convenor - NSW Group Buy Caporegime 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2016 Sabbatical Fail 2015 Sabbatical Fail

Strewth! Would you believe I happen to have an event at EXACTLY the same time?!?! And it's on the other side of Sydney too! Sadly, it's an event I must attend.
    When is the November meet? :cautious:

3. todras

@Monsta_AU I think that 2 month ban thing we were joking about might be a good idea :p

I will let you know about November when we set a date @filobiblic :)

Monsta_AU and borked like this.
  4. todras

In news just to hand, I will bring a sample of the soon to be released AP Reserve+Squadron Soap "Australians All'' to our meetup :)

5. Snooze

Snooze Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail

Watch the attendance skyrocket @todras :ROFLMAO:

todras likes this.
  6. todras

Mate it will be all the people coming to see the new Kayak that I promised them you would be bringing :p

Snooze likes this.
  7. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

Someone say kayak?

Snooze and todras like this.
  8. gthomas04

gthomas04 ...was Drubbing's first.

Sadly I will be at the same event as @filobiblic. Maybe next month :)

9. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

What's that mate?
    Social sabbatical support group?

RustyBlade and sealer like this.
  10. todras

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

11. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

Hey @filobiblic - grab a selfie of you and Glen and send it to me, or even better, you could Facetime into the meetup together (y)

borked and RustyBlade like this.
  12. borked

Well if you desired a new scent name... :)

Do I dare ask what your intentions for this selfie are?

13. Sticky

Sticky Member

Great name for a soap! Come to think of it someone was looking for a nautical name for a soap...... Squadron Kayak..... Hmm, where's that competition page

Snooze likes this.
  14. todras

I don't really think it works for me, it conjures up images of long haired men wearing denim shorts, having handle bar mustaches, enjoying alternative lifestyles and maybe even owning surfboards... i.e. something @Mark1966 would have a bottle of because it came with a Gillette something something in the early 70's :cool:

Pbgoose and RustyBlade like this.
  15. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

[​IMG]

Pbgoose, Greenpike, todras and 2 others like this.
  16. Mark1966

or were you thinking of the Sun Up? -

[​IMG]

The perfect compliment to your Slim!

FluffyGroodle, Greenpike and todras like this.
  17. todras

They both encapsulate the 'look and feel'. 'Herbal' was the one I was trying to remember!

SunUp has been reborn as Wills Reserve Classic, it's actually a really nice fragrance with a much better name :)

18. todras

Looking forward to Saturday already, after the day in and day out of work I really look forward to taking a couple of relaxed hours to catch-up, have a talk and see what everyone has been up to :)

Ill bring (some) of my new acquisitions along and some new AP Reserve (the final Lightning Ridge) and the AP Reserve+Squadron Soap upcoming release so people can have a go:cool:

ShaveOn likes this.
  19. RustyBlade

RustyBlade Member

Punch with a bump this forward for tomorrow.
    Breezy cool day for the meet.
    Don't have a lot to bring except my razors and maybe a brush to trade.
    Have made a couple of requests to other members. Don't feel committed to them as only a polite request.
    If you have any for me am very happy to entertain them. Will bring a couple of razors most would of seen and some not.

20. dangerman

dangerman Member

I'm hoping to get there. Probably be a bit late but should see you around 2. Looking forward to putting faces to names!

Cheers
    Dangerman