Thater or Shavemac 2 Band

As you know i recently picked up the Thater in question. Unfortunately I haven't tried the shavemac two band Silvertip so I can't offer a comparison. All my brushes are fans bar the Thater, that said the shape of the Thater is perfectly suited to the type of hair. It has just the right amount of backbone to splay to get the lather really thick.

As you'll read Thater tips are some of the softest as nearly all are curled. For
me it has become my lazy brush. When I'm not feeling up to the task I pick this brush up as its a piece of cake to get an outstanding lather.

If I was buying new I would go Shavemac as Bernds warranty is very good. However I myself would be hunting on BST as often many excellent examples (perhaps less Thaters) come up.

Just out of curiousity, how dense is that Thater, compared to say your old Chubby 2?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what you really need

hxEbJOq.jpg

Description
The Art Of Shaving Power Shave Collection Badger Power Brush - Fine Badger

Power Shave Collection Badger

The Power Brush helps lift the beard with powered oscillations Developed with advanced technology to modernize the wet shave tradition & boost the lathering experience Ensures a close & comfortable shave Ergonomically designed with a micro-textured surface for style & grip With an elegantly handcrafted handle in polished chrome with black lacquered accents
To use: Press the power button once to start the oscillating motion

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...1764&category=11862&pm=1&ds=0&t=1464090808116

Does the Thater have a battery?

@Nonick are you telling me you're far too old to face lather by hand, and now you're thinking about getting a power shaving brush sound like you can't even scrub you're own bare bum by hand ;)

This is what you really need

hxEbJOq.jpg

Description
The Art Of Shaving Power Shave Collection Badger Power Brush - Fine Badger

Power Shave Collection Badger

The Power Brush helps lift the beard with powered oscillations Developed with advanced technology to modernize the wet shave tradition & boost the lathering experience Ensures a close & comfortable shave Ergonomically designed with a micro-textured surface for style & grip With an elegantly handcrafted handle in polished chrome with black lacquered accents
To use: Press the power button once to start the oscillating motion

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...1764&category=11862&pm=1&ds=0&t=1464090808116

Does the Thater have a battery?

Oh..... my..... god......

So all we need now is a vibrating tub of soap to help load the brush...