The Best Safety Razors - Business Insider article

@TomG come an be a snooty bastard with us.

@Bucephalus @TomG these articles were useful for me when I first started but after buying my first razor a week later I hated these articles.
What is not explained is that Muhle and all Edwin Jagger heads are the same. Merkur heads are all the same in their variants bar the slants and adjustables.
If these types of articles mentioned with at least one small paragraph that the heads are mostly alike with in a brand and that the handle weight and size was also a major factor to a shaver I'd be happier.
They don't because they are fluff pieces and written without any skill or knowledge of wet shaving and just recycled each month to fill space and maintain monthly website Clicks numbers.
If it wasn't for forums and wet Shaving YouTube stars I'd know nothing.
My hardly used Merkur 30C still sits alone in its box awaiting me to visit her again which is going to be awhile. Though I do have a range of handles now where she might get an outing.

Honestly any publicity is good, there are those who won’t touch a vintage so these things are invaluable

Honestly any publicity is good, there are those who won’t touch a vintage so these things are invaluable

Sorry but I disagree about 'invaluable'. For me I didn't discover wet shaving from these types of articles and the information they supplied is very generic and abundant. Dime a dozen stocking fillers. Like trying to buy a car, lots of information but you can't do anything with it.
What I do agree with (if we care :)) is they do open your eyes that wet Shaving exists and an alternative to carts.
Though would be nice if one of them actually included something on why and how instead just listing the top five most common DE Shavers. :whistle:

Sorry but I disagree about 'invaluable'. For me I didn't discover wet shaving from these types of articles and the information they supplied is very generic and abundant. Dime a dozen stocking fillers. Like trying to buy a car, lots of information but you can't do anything with it.
What I do agree with (if we care :)) is they do open your eyes that wet Shaving exists and an alternative to carts.
Though would be nice if one of them actually included something on why and how instead just listing the top five most common DE Shavers. :whistle:
Unfortunately not everyone will google stuff the way we do, the simply click the links in the article and buy what ever the thing says.
These things serve as the cheeky first free hit of crack from the local dealer, it gets the user thinking “hmm that was nice, I wonder if I buy more will it continue to get better” then BAM! They are hooked and people here can cook soap in their thermomix and make a million dollars.

cnhyeJel.jpg

This is us

GmubCwGl.jpg

And this is them*

*but with a better shave

Well it costs a lot, sometimes you get little face sores and you rub your face a lot.
Sounds like crack to me.